Homebrew HBHM - The Homebrew home menu

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please check here if your interested in designing icons for the project. Thanks!

What is this?

This is a .3dsx file that hopes to make the home menu contained within the app as customizable as it can be.

Why?

I decided to make this as a sort of replacement for those who don't have a JPN 3ds, and as such cannot access the badge center. Sooner or later, I hope to have a full experience very similar to that, with the ability to download badges from a server in "packs" and (possibly) a crane game like the one on the badge center.

How does it work?

This actually uses the very same method as the regionfree launcher to launch games, so you could actually launch an out of region game with this. As of right now, it is configure to launch a gamecard and the USA/EUR System Settings app, and a SD card app configured by titleid.

Configuring SD launcher

The sdcard launcher uses the last 8 digits of the title id. The title id can be found by going to a website like 3dsdb, typing in the name, and looking at the last 8 digits. Place those in a file named "titleconf.conf". This will launch that title from the SD.

I've attached the smdh, 3dsx, and 5 images which will need to be placed in the same folder as the 3dsx and smdh.

The Goomba image will load a gamecard, the Koopa will load USA System Settings, the Spiny will load EUR system settings, and the question mark will load the configured application. Note that you could also replace these with another 48x48 png file with the same name and it would load that image instead.

Attachments

• HBHM.zip
    264.6 KB · Views: 396
  • HBHM-EUR-settings.zip
    270.6 KB · Views: 307
  • HBHM a0.2.zip
    277.6 KB · Views: 211
  • HBHM a0.2.1.zip
    308.3 KB · Views: 175
  • HBHM a0.3.zip
    327.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by shutterbug2000,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
What is this?

This is a .3dsx file that hopes to make the home menu contained within the app as customizable as it can be.

Why?

I decided to make this as a sort of replacement for those who don't have a JPN 3ds, and as such cannot access the badge center. Sooner or later, I hope to have a full experience very similar to that, with the ability to download badges from a server in "packs" and (possibly) a crane game like the one on the badge center.

How does it work?

This actually uses the very same method as the regionfree launcher to launch games, so you could actually launch an out of region game with this. As of right now, it is configure to launch a gamecard and the USA System Settings app.

I've attached the smdh, 3dsx, and 3 images which will need to be placed in the same folder as the 3dsx and smdh.

The Goomba image will load a gamecard, the Koopa will load System Settings. Note that you could also replace these with another 48x48 png file with the same name and it would load that image instead.
Yeah! This is very cool :)

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw your post about wanting files from a Japanese system and eventually ended up with a link to this project of yours. Do you want the PAL version as well? I can upload and PM it to you.

Nah, don't really need those. I just wanted them to experiment with, but they won't do what I want sadly.

Reactions: Selim873

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
No offense to the potential of this app, but if I understand this app correctly I really don't see the use of it. Why would you launch the homebrew menu first THEN launch something system settings if you can also just directly launch system settings before running *hax?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
No offense to the potential of this app, but if I understand this app correctly I really don't see the use of it. Why would you launch the homebrew menu first THEN launch something system settings if you can also just directly launch system settings before running *hax?
Well. This is just like Sunshell by Rinnegatamante. You have to launch hbl first. Then this.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to try out the pal version for you.

I can compile it later to launch PAL settings, just need to change title ids.

Noice, hoping for the app to launch any title that we have on system

Planning on this, just need to make a folder scanning function to scan the title folder.

That IS one problem I see with this. The reason I have is to allow more customization, even if it is a bit of a pain to launch. It's mainly to fill the lack of the badge center on non JPN systems.

Last edited by shutterbug2000,

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I can compile it later to launch PAL settings, just need to change title ids.

Planning on this, just need to make a folder scanning function to scan the title folder.

That IS one problem I see with this. The reason I have is to allow more customization, even if it is a bit of a pain to launch. It's mainly to fill the lack of the badge center on non JPN systems.
I don't really understand this. Please make a video showing it off.

Reactions: fmkid

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand this. Please make a video showing it off.

Or just try it? It's literally just two icons with the border from the home menu. The Goomba launches a cart using RegionFOUR, and the Koopa launches the USA System Settings menu, which on other regions, your 3DS will just go black until you force shut down. It's a fantastic proof of concept.

VegaRoXas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really was clueless what this exactly does till I saw a video about that badge center. Actually a nice concept! Gonna try it out soon :3
Edit: Works fine, expect the system settings because I have a EUR 3ds.

Last edited by VegaRoXas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.