Homebrew Question HBG Store is very slow?

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was told on the HBG Discord, that the download speeds of the HBG Store, were anywhere up to 12 MB/s.

I was having an issue installing a game over GoldLef with USB, from my PC like I installed the rest of my games...

So I decided to get the HBG Store, and try to download/install it from there.

But no matter what I choose to download/install, it only goes 2.2MB/s to 2.5MB/s MAX.

Anyone have nay ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BLCKBLuR,

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't piracy support... It is support for a homebrew app, I literally asked if there was a way to fix the downlaod speeds, of a HomeBrew App. Seeing as the Download Speed Limit is 12 MB/s... I knew mine was messed up for some reaosn, ebcause my PC on the same 5g network downloads a file at 11.5 MB/s

Also, it's not a big deal, was jsut a simple question. So I don't know why you have to be so toxic and say "Waeh my piracy is slow".

I also don't understand why when you said "So piracy support is now a new switch emulation or software project?" You completely excused the fact that the word "Homebrew" is in the title of the section too. Not just Emulation/software Projects. The reaso n Iasked here, is because my question is about fixing a problem with a HomeBrew App. That's all.

Also, the backend for HBG Store, is Tinfoil... Which everyone talks about on this forum.

I have always had a GREAT time with our community over the past 5-6 years I've been here. Idk why you have to treat me like some piece of trash. I asked a simple question about a homebrew app. I didn't not ask anything about piracy. End of story.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, IF I am wrong for posting a question about a HomeBrew App, that is having issues atm... Then please have this thread removed, I apologize If I made a mistake... But I did not say anything about piracy or ask anything about piracy... I was just asking how to fix a HomeBrew App of mine if anyone had a fix or an idea.. That's all.

Last edited by BLCKBLuR,
Reactions: Josshy0125

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't piracy support... It is support for a homebrew app, I literally asked if there was a way to fix the downlaod speeds, of a HomeBrew App. Seeing as the Download Speed Limit is 12 MB/s... I knew mine was messed up for some reaosn, ebcause my PC on the same 5g network downloads a file at 11.5 MB/s

Also, it's not a big deal, was jsut a simple question. So I don't know why you have to be so toxic and say "Waeh my piracy is slow".

I also don't understand why when you said "So piracy support is now a new switch emulation or software project?" You completely excused the fact that the word "Homebrew" is in the title of the section too. Not just Emulation/software Projects. The reaso n Iasked here, is because my question is about fixing a problem with a HomeBrew App. That's all.

Also, the backend for HBG Store, is Tinfoil... Which everyone talks about on this forum.

I have always had a GREAT time with our community over the past 5-6 years I've been here. Idk why you have to treat me like some piece of trash. I asked a simple question about a homebrew app. I didn't not ask anything about piracy. End of story.

I mean, IF I am wrong for posting a question about a HomeBrew App, that is having issues atm... Then please have this thread removed, I apologize If I made a mistake... But I did not say anything about piracy or ask anything about piracy... I was just asking how to fix a HomeBrew App of mine if anyone had a fix or an idea.. That's all.

the sole purpose of the hbg shop is piracy... tinfoil alone does not include locations filled with games. Try installing your games through nut installer instead.

Reactions: Equalz

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sole purpose of the hbg shop is piracy... tinfoil alone does not include locations filled with games. Try installing your games through nut installer instead.
HBG Shop, uses NUT installer to install them. When you first install HBG Shop, it asks if you want to install/use NUT to install games over the internet/network.

Anyways, that's not what this post was about. Now it is turning more into a piracy post.

I am jsut wondering if there is a way to make the download speeds go up to what they are supposed to be. Everyone I have spoken to has no issues reaching their max speeds, up to 12MB/s... But mine is only between 2.2MB/s to 2.5MB/s.

If no one knows, then I guess I will just uninstall it and just stick with installing over USB with GoldLeaf.

Thanks anyways everyone.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Wifi Speed tops out around 3MB/s for ftp:// on my switch as well (2.5 Ghz bands), so that could be a bottleneck, yes.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Up to 12 MB/s" depends on your internet connection. Your 5G is faster than wi-fi.
Yeah I know, my PC which is on the same 5g wifi network, can reach up to 11.5 MB/s.

Wifi Speed tops out around 3MB/s for ftp:// on my switch as well (2.5 Ghz bands), so that could be a bottleneck, yes.
Yes but this is not ftp... I also used to use FTP to install things and edit things on my SD card instead of plugging the SD card into my PC. But yeah anyways, this is not FTP. Also, 2.5 Ghz connections can go higher than 3 MB/s

Last edited by BLCKBLuR,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBG Shop, uses NUT installer to install them. When you first install HBG Shop, it asks if you want to install/use NUT to install games over the internet/network.

Anyways, that's not what this post was about. Now it is turning more into a piracy post.

I am jsut wondering if there is a way to make the download speeds go up to what they are supposed to be. Everyone I have spoken to has no issues reaching their max speeds, up to 12MB/s... But mine is only between 2.2MB/s to 2.5MB/s.

If no one knows, then I guess I will just uninstall it and just stick with installing over USB with GoldLeaf.

Thanks anyways everyone.

So you are using nut installer and not the gdrive included in hbgshop? Gdrive speed fluctuates plus if you are using 90dns can slow it down too

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, my PC which is on the same 5g wifi network, can reach up to 11.5 MB/s.

Yes but this is not ftp... I also used to use FTP to install things and edit things on my SD card instead of plugging the SD card into my PC. But yeah anyways, this is not FTP. Also, 2.5 Ghz connections can go higher than 3 MB/s

Sounds like you're using 90dns.

Host it yourself.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are using nut installer and not the gdrive included in hbgshop? Gdrive speed fluctuates plus if you are using 90dns can slow it down too
Yeah one other person told me to remove 90dns... But I didn't really wanna do that. Like I said, I will just uninstall the app, and just use goldleaf and USB form my PC like I have been doing for months.

Sounds like you're using 90dns.

Host it yourself.
What do you mean by "host it yourself" ?

Also, if I remove 90DNS, wont that mean I will get like Auto banned from Ninty servers? Not that it really matters... But I would like to avoid a ban as long as possible, just in case I EVER want to go back to OFW...

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah one other person told me to remove 90dns... But I didn't really wanna do that. Like I said, I will just uninstall the app, and just use goldleaf and USB form my PC like I have been doing for months.

Also, if I remove 90DNS, wont that mean I will get like Auto banned from Ninty servers? Not that it really matters... But I would like to avoid a ban as long as possible, just in case I EVER want to go back to OFW...
You can install Incognito before removing 90DNS.

Reactions: Lacius

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install Incognito before removing 90DNS.
I was looking into incognito last week actually. There was something I was reading on github or something that made me not want to install it. I don't remember what it was right this second. It's okay though. I will just stick to using GoldLeaf and USB from my PC.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Reactions: aarti

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you realise your download speeds with hbg app have a reflection on what you are getting with your internet provider? People that get 11-12Mb/s with hbg have a fttp Connections probably very fast there getting 50-60Mbps to there switch maybe yours is not, if you are seeing download speeds of 2.2Mb/s then your throughput to tinfoil is probably only 22Mbps have you ran a speedtest on your switch in settings to see what you can get through tinfoil?

Last edited by Reecey,

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My download speeds are around 12 - 20 mbps, but after 3 or 4 games, it says out of memory and crashes, so I think I'm going to stop using it.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised no-one can say anything helpful.

90DNS is in France and you probably aren't. Using 90DNS to download stuff from google drive (which hbg/tinfoil uses) will direct you to French google drive servers. I in the east coast USA also got 2 mb/s using 90DNS. I get closer to 8 mb/s using incognito or a locally hosted DNS on my lan like yadns-nx, because these methods direct tinfoil to local USA servers.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was told on the HBG Discord, that the download speeds of the HBG Store, were anywhere up to 12 MB/s.

I was having an issue installing a game over GoldLef with USB, from my PC like I installed the rest of my games...

So I decided to get the HBG Store, and try to download/install it from there.

But no matter what I choose to download/install, it only goes 2.2MB/s to 2.5MB/s MAX.

Anyone have nay ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
I was also getting super slow speeds in order to get the fast speeds do this:
1) Make sure to use 5ghz wifi.
2) Use inconitgo and not 90dns.
3) If you are in sx then go into the tinfoil settings and change the download threads to 2 instead of 1 (this preatty much doubled my speed).

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks anyways everyone.
its been stated many times to use google dns for the best speeds

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Self host guide for 90dns.
https://gitlab.com/a/90dns/blob/master/SELFHOST.md

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night