Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCRON

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My first Thread about this was down but now i post a new one without the Video but with Pictures. I hope that are not Copyrighted Material

"/hbg/shop" is the official FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch. With that you can easily download all Nintendo Switch Games for free directly on your Device without a PC etc. Games with online Play Support can still download too but i'm afraid when you go online with that.

-mod snip-

62sry7H.jpg

You can't download First-Party-Games with that (BOTW, MK8DX, Mario Party etc.) but all other!

No Links... Seach in YouTube, Google etc for more Information

That have a Forwader as NSP when you will launch the Appilication from the Home Menu

This Appilication won't download this Games from the Nintendo CDN. But that says nothing about the unpatchable State. Nintendo can make a DCMA Takedown for the Host Site.

I am not at all ban on the consoles that are imposed by the use of this Homebrew.

With automatic copying everyone is liable for themselves. It is also illegal to download games from FreeShop or "hbg / shop".

The installation of unsigned NSPs usually leads to a very fast ban. You have been warned!

Don't ask any Questions about Nintendo NSPs and this Download Sites!

Last edited by x65943,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought this was already dead by last night.
Either way it's been a massive nightmare for all involved, if you don't see new games/updates regularly for a while, blame hbg.
Can you tl;dr what the drama was about? I don't get it from any of those completely out of context messages in #announcements
I just found the tool yesterday, tried it, all was fine, came back to the discord today and apparently "something" happened.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you tl;dr what the drama was about? I don't get it from any of those completely out of context messages in #announcements
I just found the tool yesterday, tried it, all was fine, came back to the discord today and apparently "something" happened.
To the best of my understanding, hbg talked about putting up this free nut server, not team (the people who have been releasing every eshop game and update for many months) said it was a bad idea and asked them not to, hbg did it anyway (possibly linking directly to not's files rather than using their own copy, consider this part hearsay), not team shut down all operations for their own security.
not team had been walking a fine line between anonymity and public accessibility in order to do what they were doing (getting every game on the eshop would require hundreds a week in donations apparently), so they were the ones in line for any heat from Nintendo, hbg clearly weren't fussed about that. Scene release groups safely put out their releases from behind full anonymity, but certainly don't manage the same kind of thoroughness of releasing everything because they can't take donations to cover the cost.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This has killed the major source of games everywhere.

It is unclear whether or not they ever reappear, if not then we are stuck waiting for scene releases which are slower and no where as frequent.

Thank /HBG/ for killing the source of games and bringing it to Nintendo attention

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: not to mention updates or dlc

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally I do think that a real freeshop solution which can stand a real test of time is still quite some time off. Nintendo has really upped it's game this generation and even in the past updates. Once everything really requires dauth and other stuff ... well im not saying piracy will be dead, but the convenient way might become real problem (as in certs getting burned in testing, users screwing up and so on)

Piracy was way more feasible back in the day thanks to;
- Less strict checks/policies/os security and so on.
- But people where way more happy with the things they could do.
- More reasons sure but I'll try to keep to my point.

It all boils down to some form of greed; Why do people have to have every possible game available to them? (besides bragging rights, because I can etc.) You are never ever gonna play all of them that is for sure :P

PS: not trying to be a moral compass or anything here ... just my 2 cents on why and how greed is killing resources that could have otherwise been available waaaaay longer.

eXhumer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I have read from a convo between 'someone' and isoisoiso, this very project caused the uploader team to completely end their relationship with HBG. They also cited HBG not caring about the safety of the uploader team by publicizing this very project publicly, bad relationship between the admin of HBG and the uploader team, GD EDU Acc / API Abuse, etc.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing could happen with open source apps, if he releases binaries that contain malicious code that isnt in the source. That concern is valid with both open and closed source apps. This thread is off topic.
This gimmick uses Tinfoil DZ, a closed-source installer that you make, it is exactly on-topic. Your actions are also suspicious to me, and I feel pretty validated by your pathetic attempts to goad me and your dodging of the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv