Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

freevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just a quick question. How do I get tinfoil to recognize my usb 1tb hdd? It works with sxos Thanks.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi all, just a quick question. How do I get tinfoil to recognize my usb 1tb hdd? It works with sxos Thanks.
I think that it doesnt thats one of the features that sxod does , and other free programs as tinfoil , atmosphere , and other doesnt .

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS itself is providing the HDD drivers (closed source), DZ is just linking into them. So there's no way to use that feature without SX OS.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why would they host the youtube app and it's update if it doesn't work?
I wonder if that might be the patched one (for banned consoles and without ads).
However I don't wanna bother update mine (since mine is patched lol).

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Might be a little off topic:
Is there already a way to combine any installer (Goldleaf, Tinfoil, Tinfoil DZ, n1dus, Lithium, SX Installer) with my own Google Drive?
This way I could dump all my digital purchases, put them on my GDrive and can re-install them even if Ninty takes down the eShop in a couple of years.

jme2712

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if that might be the patched one (for banned consoles and without ads).
However I don't wanna bother update mine (since mine is patched lol).

It's the non patched version. Just tired of the update nag on the current patched version.

Reactions: lordelan

Risteing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there already a way to combine any installer (Goldleaf, Tinfoil, Tinfoil DZ, n1dus, Lithium, SX Installer) with my own Google Drive?
This way I could dump all my digital purchases, put them on my GDrive and can re-install them even if Ninty takes down the eShop in a couple of years.
Yes, you must use LGMA (is the exact same method used for hbg/Shop)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/lgma-use-google-drive-with-dz-to-download-your-games.521996/

isoisoiso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I use this HBG to update games and add DLC, it's so convenient and easy. For big ass retail games I still use the traditional method - spent an afternoon clicking fire hydrants to get free games.
Our discord doesn't have any ads at all, so use that if you don't like fire hydrants.
An auto update would be nice, I just have the channel on my switch for decoration, by the time I need to update or get anything, I’ll have to just get it the old fashion way and install the cool way, usb install.
If only their app had an auto update feature built in.
Now I'm unable to get new versions.
A lot of people have been asking for this, so all I can say for now is that the next locations.conf update will be the last one, meaning you will no longer need to check discord to download the latest conf file because we changed our server or whatever. All future updates will be tinfoil only/optional.

Last edited by isoisoiso,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Our discord doesn't have any ads at all, so use that if you don't like fire hydrants.

A lot of people have been asking for this, so all I can say for now is that the next locations.conf update will be the last one, meaning you will no longer need to check discord to download the latest conf file because we changed our server or whatever. All future updates will be tinfoil only/optional.
Ah it's you. Nice to hear, sounds good. :D

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what's worse than the drama and the fact that this exists and was publicized? The buttholes who drag this guy on the ground for sharing something he was excited about and probably didn't know any better. My gosh. People disappoint me.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can always use rclone to mount google drive as a folder / drive. This makes it usable with any installer as the files will appear to be on your pc.
For a service like hbg shop, you can use nut to scan all the files and run nut.py —server to host it.

If you have something like a pi, it’s pretty cheap to have this up and running 24/7, I currently do for media stuff, pihole and OpenDNS.

For Windows / mac, you can also use google drive file stream which is much for user friendly than rclone (but rclone does much much more).

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first Thread about this was down but now i post a new one without the Video but with Pictures. I hope that are not Copyrighted Material

"/hbg/shop" is the official FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch. With that you can easily download all Nintendo Switch Games for free directly on your Device without a PC etc. Games with online Play Support can still download too but i'm afraid when you go online with that.

-mod snip-

62sry7H.jpg

You can't download First-Party-Games with that (BOTW, MK8DX, Mario Party etc.) but all other!

No Links... Seach in YouTube, Google etc for more Information

That have a Forwader as NSP when you will launch the Appilication from the Home Menu

This Appilication won't download this Games from the Nintendo CDN. But that says nothing about the unpatchable State. Nintendo can make a DCMA Takedown for the Host Site.

I am not at all ban on the consoles that are imposed by the use of this Homebrew.

With automatic copying everyone is liable for themselves. It is also illegal to download games from FreeShop or "hbg / shop".

The installation of unsigned NSPs usually leads to a very fast ban. You have been warned!

Don't ask any Questions about Nintendo NSPs and this Download Sites!
If you can do that, surely the 3DS can't be that much more difficult!

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're talking about updating your original games you own via the Nintendo servers, in an entire thread about backups games from a pirate freeshop. Nice paying attention.
hold up. What if you pirated something and then legally updated it via Nintendo's servers so it looks legit to Nintendo? This could mean that you have to hide the lack of the thing that lets Nintendo know that something is pirated and pirating would be back in buisness? The only thing is that i'm pretty sure not all games on the Switch eShop has been updated and won't work with this idea.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hold up. What if you pirated something and then legally updated it via Nintendo's servers so it looks legit to Nintendo? This could mean that you have to hide the lack of the thing that lets Nintendo know that something is pirated and pirating would be back in buisness? The only thing is that i'm pretty sure not all games on the Switch eShop has been updated and won't work with this idea.
No game will work with "this idea". Not updates or DLCs are signed unique per game but the games are. So if you pirate MK8D from a friend who bought it and update it with "your idea" you still can't go online at the same time as your friend since both of you have the same base game.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update content and base game content are separate. Installing an update does not touch the base.
You can have both a legitimate update and illegitimate base and Nintendo will be able to discern that it's pirated.

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No game will work with "this idea". Not updates or DLCs are signed unique per game but the games are. So if you pirate MK8D from a friend who bought it and update it with "your idea" you still can't go online at the same time as your friend since both of you have the same base game.

Update content and base game content are separate. Installing an update does not touch the base.
You can have both a legitimate update and illegitimate base and Nintendo will be able to discern that it's pirated.
aw i thought i was on to something.

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figure this may be a good thread for troubleshooting help.

I downloaded a few games and selected sdcard for location. They show up in the installed games section, they show up in the home screen game launcher but if I launch any game from the home menu gives an error about the game being corrupt. Some game start but still give the error. (sd card is new and checked)

And pressing (a) from tinfoil says it will launch it but it does nothing.

So installing to nand works just not to sdcard.

Last edited by ulao,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended