Question HBG shop new update and no full ram access

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Verin, Sep 13, 2019.

1. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Oh I forgot to add a step. It should be fixed if you download the latest atmos or kosmos and place it on your sd card.

2. nal128

nal128 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Unfortunately that link is dead. Got any pointers where to find it? I make a point of circumventing bullshit like this.

3. Excitedguy

Excitedguy Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2006
    United States
    @gamemasteru03 For step 2, the link leads to an empty folder.

Last edited by Excitedguy, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    This is all too bad. Tinfoil was my preferred NSP-installer, but I can no longer recommend using it.

If installing an application a.) alters button combinations without my consent, and b.) removes features from the CFW I'm using, then it's malware.

hippy dave and danfozzy85 like this.
  5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    nal128, Excitedguy and Lacius like this.
  6. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel the cosmos

Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    Huh? What is going on here? I have an older version (I guess), because it was working fine until yesterday. Will it now change the button combination if I install something new?

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you use a new version of Tinfoil and/or HBG with Atmosphere, you are required to use a modified version of Atmosphere that changes button combinations and removes the title override function for launching homebrew outside of applet mode. Forgive my bluntness, but it's incredibly stupid.

8. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    I just noticed. I' will reupload as soon as I can. For now just use the mirror a few posts above.

9. Instandhaltung

Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    I see, so you are forced to update basically, but it wont change the input on its own. I am really new to switch homebrew and it's really confusing with all its rivalry and different groups that want to modify your CFW and stuff like that :wacko:

10. wurstpistole

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You are not forced to update. You are forced to use the modified versions of Atmosphere and Homebrew Menu just because he wants it that way. There is no reason for him to do it. He just does.

Ashura66, Broduskii and Lacius like this.
  11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The good news is TheBigPP works just fine and bypasses the malware included with Tinfoil. You can use TheBigPP, or you can use HBG by replacing the tinfoil.nro with the one from TheBigPP.

12. wurstpistole

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I legit just heard from "TheBigPP" today, checked on it, and it utilizes just the same mod as the one we talk about to bypass the DRM. Difference is it downloads from other servers (probably a HBG mirror) and also has 1st party titles.
    For the end user that should be completely irrelevant tho.

13. Instandhaltung

Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    Yeah I tried that as well, but they are slapping their "Pirate-Icon" thingy like EVERYWHERE on the apps and hekate and stuff. So yeah it's an alternative, but a weird one :)

Sorry, how does he force you to use modded versions? Does a popup show up while using the Installer? Or do the downloaded Apps not work?

14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I only use what's in the tinfoil folder and skip everything else.

For new versions of Tinfoil to run, the modified version of Atmosphere that's included with Tinfoil must be used. Otherwise, Tinfoil refuses to run.

15. Instandhaltung

Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    I see, thanks for the useful information!

16. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    Barbados
    What the hell is the bigPP lol

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It's a lot like HBG, but you don't have to use the malware included with stock Tinfoil/HBG.

The version of Tinfoil included with TheBigPP can also be used to get HBG running without blawar's malware.

Just so I'm clear, I like blawar and I think he has made a lot of awesome apps. He gets some criticism for things he has done in the past, but this is the first time I've seen him do something I actually think is stupid.

18. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Oh look more junk from blawar
    OK.

19. ColorBoyKent

ColorBoyKent Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    to fix your problem you have to download tinfoil from the tinfoil website

20. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    Barbados
    Can you not just use the tinfoil from tinfoil.io and change the locations/sources out with the ones used by HBG and theBigPp? Is that too obvious?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted