hbc not working with my hard drive when it should be

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fst312, Sep 16, 2009.

1. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well i searched and if i'm correct i suppose to be able to use usb drive for the homebrew channel i set everything up the way my sd card was and nothing shows up my seagate is formatted as ntfs it can't be formatted to anything else from what i see.my seagate is 1tb it is a Seagate External Desktop Model St310005EXM101-RK.

just to let everyone know i just got this yesterday so i can use usb loader for my my first time games are working perfectly i just can't get hbc to work.i am using usb loader gx hbc 1.0.3.

EDIT forgot to mention i mad a Partition i gave the wii half the memory for usb loader and the other half for myself.

2. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sorry for the double post my computer was running slow and i pressed F5.

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Are you trying to use your hard drive for homebrew purposes with the HBC or with the USB Loader for your games? They are two different things. AFAIK the HBC does not support running things off of a hard drive, but I believe they may have added the feature in the HBC 1.0.4, which is sort of in a beta of a beta phase. You would get it from the hackmii installer beta 0.4 test installer that's posted in the comments of the bootmii 0.3 release page on hackmii.

Not sure what that version even supports though, it might just be FAT partitions and not NTFS. So if you wanted to use both, I suppose you would need one of those partitions formatted to WBFS for your Wii games, and the other to FAT for the HBC and other stuff. (unless NTFS does work.) Normally you're supposed to use an SD card for your HBC and then the hard drive for the usb loader. I'm not sure if many usb loaders work properly without an SD card either because they generally write stuff like the config files and all the cover arts and stuff to the SD card. NeoGamma probably would be one of the few that would work without one since it doesn't use cover arts or anything.

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    HBC can load homebrew from a USB device (this was added in 1.0.2)
    Only some things need to be made sure:
    • Must be formatted to FAT(32)
    • File structure must be as on SD
    • NO SD may be inserted!!!
    I'm surprised you didn't know that nabster, you know a lot about these things [​IMG]

5. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ah, well now I know