HBC not showing in Wii menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jory4u2nv, Aug 26, 2010.

Aug 26, 2010
  1. jory4u2nv
    OP

Newcomer jory4u2nv Member

Philippines
    Hi,

I bought a Wii yesterday and it came preinstalled with Wiiflow, but it doesn't have the homebrew channel on the channels list. Do I need to install it manually, and if so is it safe or is there a chance that I'll brick my console? One more thing, what do I need to do to play Wiiware games on my Wii using an external HDD?

Thanks!

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You need to install it manually, and there is NO chance that you will brick. When you install it, be sure to install Bootmii as boot2 (if you can) and IOS.

To play games on an external HD you need Triiforce or UNEEK.

3. jory4u2nv
    OP

Philippines
    Thanks mate! I'll try it out later once I get home. Regarding Bootmii though, is that a separate application or is it part of the HBC? From what I've read Bootmii creates a backup of your Wii so that in case it's bricked you can restore it right? I believe the some Wiiware games can brick your console, do you suggest playing Wiiware games or are they not worth the risk?

4. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    It's not a part of HBC,but it's part of Hackmii installer and can be loaded through HBC(IOS)

As for WiiWare games,either get a clean WAD(which won't banner brick your wii,but if you have priiloader or bootmii,you're fine) and install through WAD Manager,or use Triiforce or SNEEK

5. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you will not brick your wii in sneek there is no risk triiforce should be safe too as far as i know it emulates aswell and doesnt install anything on your actual wii, the brick risk is when installing wads onto your wii's real nand just dont do that.

look for choke D sneek+di qui ck guide

6. jory4u2nv
    OP

Philippines
    thank you so much guys, I really appreciate your replies. I'll try everything out once I get home!

7. jory4u2nv
    OP

Philippines
    oops, apparently bannerbomb requires an SD card to install. guess I won't be able to do it later, have to buy myself a card first!

8. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    What System Menu do u have? lol

9. jory4u2nv
    OP

Philippines
    system 4.2 I believe.