HBC not autobooting to Sys Menu anymore...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bytor, Jun 24, 2010.

1. bytor
    OP

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    Hello there, I generally just lurk on these boards just bunging in the odd post here and there but I've got myself a problem, and have no idea why it's happening.

I'm on Waninkoko's 4.1 firmware, Cios rev 19, HBC 1.0.6 and have an old school Wiikey 1 with 1.9s.

Everything was great until I downloaded Wad Manager 2.1, SUNSHINE's latest WiiShop wad and put them both on my SD card. I then found that after bunging in the SD card from my PC to my Wii and starting it that BootMii hangs at the start despite me having the AUTOBOOT=SYS (think that's right off-hand but can't be arsed to take my SD card out of my Wii, it was working fine until I bunged Wad Manager and the WiiShop thingy on it lol) in my BootMii config file.

I assumed (seeing as the only thing I changed on my SD card was Wad Manager and the WiiShop wad) that the HBC didn't like the stuff I added to my SD card so after installing I deleted them and restarted my Wii. Same thing happened. Any advice would be much appreciated as it's a real pain having to get off my bum and press the reset button or find some batteries for my Gamecube controller and use it every time I switch on my Wii.

Thanks in advance for any help, ta! [​IMG]

2. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned

Banned
    Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    lol @ waninkokos firmware.

3. bytor
    OP

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    Very helpful comment...thanks [​IMG]

Updated to 4.1 using Waninkoko's firmware updater if you really want to be pedantic. So any idea what the problem is..?

4. bytor
    OP

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    *Bump*

[​IMG]

5. DunkrWunkah

DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    If deleting the WADs from the SD card didn't help, I think it might have been a coincidence that the autoboot stopped working. You could try putting a fresh install of Bootmii on the SD card.

6. bytor
    OP

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    Thanks for the advice but this hasn't worked. Deleted the config file, reinstalled BootMii and changed the config file to say 'AUTOBOOT=SYS' and it still doesn't autoboot.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me..? Maybe my SD card has developed a fault or something..? But if that's the case then wouldn't I have some sort of trouble launching stuff from the SD card whilst in the HBC..?