Hacking HBC keeps asking to upgrade to version 1.0.5?

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I let my mate borrow my wii about a week ago who has no wifi connection and have now just got it back.

I have been out of the scene for about a week now and have read through quite a few posts on gbatemp and have noticed there were a few issues arising i.e system menu 4.2 and a new hbc and hackmii stuff.

I'm NOT going to be updating to 4.2 just yet but have noticed that my hbc channel v.1.0.3 keeps prompting me to update to the latest hombrew channel version 1.0.5 everytime i reboot the wii into hbc and have previously said 'no'.

I realise that it is important to istall the new hbc and do the new hackmii updates before updating using Waninkoko's SM_4.2 system menu updater!

Do i currently need to update new hbc installer? Is it important as for now i'm staying on 4.1. (for a few weeks anyway! untill the whole 4.2 thing blows over!)

What functionality would i lose i.e preloader & preloader hacks?
Any other functionality?

Would old & original .nand backup files still work?

Lastly.......Is Waninkoko's SM update region specific? i.e do i need a pal version of his updater?

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

System Menu: 4.1E
Homebrew Channel: V1.03 (current!)
Bootmii V: recent version:
Preloader V: 0.29
Waninkokos cIOS 38Rev14(249)
Hermes V (for guaitar hero games)
CIOSCORP has NOT BEEN INSTALLED!

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same problem but for some reason it wont let me update because it says that there is no vulnerable IOS's

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gamerjr said:
Im having the same problem but for some reason it wont let me update because it says that there is no vulnerable IOS's

Not that i have installed CIOSCORP but!

I just read that the error of 'no vulnerable IOS's' is normal it also said something about dopios. maybe linked to Cioscorp stuff, cant remember which post!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would update to 1.0.5 but I'm waiting for preloader to be fixed as I have read its looking for the HAXX channel ID.

I also will be staying on 4.1e for now.

technosexual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rather than installing a clean ios3x, just install a clean ios61(dop-ios, wad from nusd) and if your hbc isnt using ios61(you can check by hitting home in hbc and checking the top right, bottom left if its flipped) uninstall and reinstalling hbc via hackmii installer

it should then use ios61, which is only used by the shop channel and doesnt really need to be trucha or anything patched

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over