Rishabh2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I recently installed HBC on my wiiu using smashtack and was able to follow the tutorial and get everything up and running. I tried to load a game of my HDD using USBLoaderGx, but my wiiu become unresponsive and blackscreened, forcing me to unplug the power to reboot it. Now, this happens whenever I load HBC.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to post any specifications necessary.

Thanks a lot in advance

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with the hbc luckily for me it only happened a few times and has not happened for months the only fix I can think of is to try re installing the hbc if that does not work I hope someone else knows of a fix.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like I spoke too soon hbc is booting to a black screen when left over night but the second and third time I try it boots up and then it works just fine for the rest of the day. I really hope someone has a fix. Fyi I have not messed with ios 58 or any other ios below 200.

Rishabh2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't change any ios's. I just followed the instructions in the main thread to the letter. If i need to post any specs, just let me know

Rishabh2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: after wiping and restoring my hard drive, i can load usb loader gx, but the loader freezes at "Mounting USB port 1." It works perfectly when the HDD has no games on it, but with games it can't mount the drive. I'm using a toshiba canvio w/ 500 GB. When i plug it into my wii u, the light on top turn white. It is blue whenever it is in my computer, if this helps.
Thanks a lot guys.

Rishabh2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the tutorial from the stickied threads, up to intalling HBC. I'm not sure if that involves installong cIOS, i don't really know much about hacking

Rishabh2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, right. I did this. I thought this was part of making HBC work. Ok then, yeah, i have cIOS installed.

USB Loader GX works with a blank hard drive, just not when i put a game on it. I have no idea what the problem could be.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does the game shows up on USB Loader GX? You probably need to format your hard drive to FAT32 or WBFS, also use Wii Backup Manager.

Rishabh2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i formatted it, and know its working :) Thanks. I have to put it in at a specific time, but at least its something.

Thanks a lot, Yepi69.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re installed the homebrew channel and it did not fix my problem it still blackscreens sometimes but my wiimote connects. Strange thing is my forwarders never blackscreen so now i load my homebrew through wiiflow, gx and postloader sure hope a fix is found soon. Another strange thing is when im in the homebrew channel and i press home it says ios58 v2532 i ran a system check and wii mod lite they both say i have ios58 v6432 wich is the correct ios strange thing that hbc says ios58 v2532.

Rishabh2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if all my problems are getting annoying, but there is more. Most of my games are working, but Skyward Sword just goes to an unresponsive blackscreen, forcing me to pull my Wii U power cord to turn it off. Also, i noticed that when I play twilight princess, there is a period of about 5 seconds when the game freezes between switching from dog to human, and vice versa. The music still playes, and after a few seconds, the game continues as normal. Hopefully these symptoms will help figure out what the problem is. I think it might be a power thing, and i might need a usb y cable, but i would like to be sure before buying one.

Thanks in advance, i really appreciate all of the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.