Hacking hbc -"channel cant be used" & wad manager question

q9wert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
i recently upgraded my wii from 3.4e to 4.0 using wankinko's upgrader because priiloader doesnt work under 3.4. i installed the hbc ages ago, using the twilight hack, and everything worked fine. but now, after the update (and numerous edits of ios/cios - all guided ofc) i get a message that says "This channel cant be used", when i open the hbc through the wii menu. it works fine, when i open it through bootmii though.
this only seems to happen to other people, when they install wads that are from another region, according to google.
do i have to reinstall the hbc using the banner bomb exploit?

another question i have is, how can i get the wadmanager running? (nothing illegal here, i just want to use it for gecko os and cfg usb loader). i always get an 1029 error...

ty in advance

q9wert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
reinstalled it (after previously uninstalling it) through hackmii, doesnt change anything...

but i solved the other problem. wads work for me now if i use ios 222 instead of 249.

btw, i tried to forward my gecko. i got the same error. installing cfg usbloader as wad works perfectly though.

also, i have some files in the root of my sd, which i didnt create myself: a folder called 00000001 (no idea where that came from), a boot.dol (priiloader?) and a key.bin (might be part of my nand backup, not sure). any ideas? might one of those cause the problem?

EDIT: y, boot.dol is needed by priiloader. priiloader also has a hack for "cannot load channel". seems perfect, doesnt help though;(

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country

q9wert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is this my only option? i dont really trust 4.2... i read that it makes things more complicated than they need to be.

are there any solid disadvantages or advantages (beside the fact that hbc might be accessible through the system menu ofc) compared to 4.0? would i have a good chance of solving my problem, or is it just that upgrading is my only real option?

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
is this my only option? i dont really trust 4.2... i read that it makes things more complicated than they need to be.

are there any solid disadvantages or advantages (beside the fact that hbc might be accessible through the system menu ofc) compared to 4.0? would i have a good chance of solving my problem, or is it just that upgrading is my only real option?

you read wrong. youll be just fine just do it. use the sticky guide update and rehack and stop bumping.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
q9wert said:

4.2 is harmless. Waninkoko's 4.0 updater has a much greater chance of bricking you than 4.2 ever did. It's a good thing you installed or had previously installed a good IOS60 or you'd be toast.

pimmeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i've sort of the same problem.HBC won't start up from bootmii.from system menu and priiloader no problem but from bootmii only system menu starts up.luckily i can access it too from priiloader so i'm still kind of safe.wii is 4.0E.i updated iosses with pimp my wii 1.4.installed cios rev 19.anyone knows what the problem is?also red steel 2 won't start up.

q9wert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the update to 4.2 solved the problem for me, if thats any help to u.

but id try to reinstall bootmii first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM