HBC 1.02 blank screen lock ups and HBC 1.01 now emulators are broke

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rulnip, May 18, 2009.

1. rulnip
    OP

Newcomer rulnip Newbie

United States
    I am on system menu 3.2u.
    I am using a sandisk 2gb sd card.
    I have been keeping up with the Wii scene for a few months now and everything has gone smoothly so I have not needed to post which is why my post count is so low.
    Thanks to all who have provided guides, directions and info. without you all I would not have such an awesome console for my emulators to run on and saved my legal owned games from being ruined by my children!

I installed bootmii and did a backup of my nand with no problems. I installed the homebrew channel 1.02 and it says it installed ok but only restarts into a black screen where I have to pull the power plug to get it to turn off. I turn the wii back on and it boots fine into the wii system menu but if I try and load the HBC it goes to the black screen again and locks up. I also tried booting the HBC from the bootmii and the same thing happens.

I then installed HBC 1.01 back and it runs ok but my emulators all go to the same black screen that the HBC 1.02 did and locks up but other apps seem to work ok. I cannot figure out how to get my emulators to work again or how to get the new HBC 1.02 to work.
    All my emulators were working fine before I installed bootmii.

Has anyone had a problem like mine?

I have tried to reinstall some of the cios files like cios36,rev10. I even tried upgrading to system menu 4.0 with wanankoko's updater. nothing works.
    If you need any more info let me know.

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Did you do a boot2 install of bootmii or an ios install? I can't see why either would interfere with everything else like that. Maybe your files on the sd card got corrupted or something somehow? Try reformatting the card and putting fresh .dols of all your apps back on it and see if that works. Then if it does and you need your bootmii folder back on it to load that up run the hackmii installer again and instead of installing again just click on "prepare an sd card" and it should write all the necessary files to your card again.

3. comet77

Member comet77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you have a wad file of HBC 1.01 I would say use anytitle deleter and delete the HBC that you have the use wad manager to install the HBC 1.01 again.

You should be able to do this with the bannerbomb, but keep in mind that I have not tried this however it should work just fine.

Also just to make sure; you should try to use another SD card first.

4. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    HBC 1.0.2 doesn't work with "patched" IOS61 (which is not 100% true). I already experience this. I've tried to patch my IOS60 with freethewad to restore trucha bug and that kill my HBC. (and delete ios60 kill it too, which i find stupid: hbc could use another fucking ios to work...)

5. rulnip
    OP

Newcomer rulnip Newbie

United States
    I had installed it as boot 2. Thanks for the replies I will try out the suggestions and get back you you guys.

6. 2yugimoto

Member 2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    its true ive checked too

7. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    hmm. i've got patched IOS60 installed and it works.

where'd you get the IOS? i used the cIOS60BF.wad from the latest cIOSCORP and that worked, then installed preloader which pathes IOS60 for you and it still works now.

with the HBC installed via Bootmii too.

8. rulnip
    OP

Newcomer rulnip Newbie

United States
    I am making progress here. I formatted my sd card and put only the bannerbomb and the Bootmii/dvdx/HBC1.02 installer on the card. Next I used bannerbomb to access the new installer. I did like you said and had it prepare the sd card for me for bootmii. I then went to the options to install/uninstall the HBC1.02 and dvdx I uninstalled both which uninstalled my 1.01 HBC that was on there rebooted and started the process again then installed both again and now my HBC 1.02 is working. Now I will install all my apps again fresh and get back to you guys to tell you if it worked or not.
    Somehow my HBC old install was interfering with the new one so uninstalling it completely before the new install worked.
    Thanks for the help, ill let you know how the emulators work out in a bit.

9. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    cIOS60BF work for me my the original IOS60, once patched by me doesn't aloow hbc to run anymore... maybe i'm too stupid to use freetheewad to restore trucha in it [​IMG]
    (i had problem with the wad header: it's too long according to the console)

10. rulnip
    OP

Newcomer rulnip Newbie

United States
    problems are all solved. I reinstalled all emulators from the homebrew browser and they all work perfect. Thanks again guys!