HBC 1.0.4 intentionally loads upside down!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by damysteryman, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009
  1. damysteryman
    OP

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    OK, so i downloaded the hackmii installer beta 4 test 1 right. As I had cIOSCORP v3.4 installed, it wouldn't run, so I just installed an unmodified IOS36 v1042 in order to install it. As IOS36 was the only unmodified IOS, that's the IOS the hackmii installer used for everything. I installed bootmii beta 4, and HBC 1.0.4, then exited and loaded the HBC, so I could reinstall my cIOSCORP v3.4 cIOS36. after doing so, HBC loaded upside down! To verify what caused this, I reinstalled my unmodified IOS36 v1042, and it loaded fine.

After that, I installed an unmodified IOS60 v6174, along with IOS36 v1042 (to make sure that IOS36 itself wasn't causing it), reinstalled HBC 1.0.4 (it installed to use IOS 60), and then installed my cIOS60 from cIOSCORP v3.4 without touching IOS36, and just as I had predicted, it loaded upside down!

So, I have found out that if the HBC 1.0.4 is running under a fakesigned IOS, it will intentionally load upside down!

So, if you are a cIOSCORP user, or wish to use cIOSCORP soon, I suggest installing that latest bootmii (beta 4), but just install HBC 1.0.3, rather than HBC 1.0.4.

I don't have any pictures of this at the moment (I left them on my camera's SD card, oops), but I'll upload them soon.

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    hbc 1.0,4 isnt out yet

3. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Wait, I remember someone else posting something like this not too long ago with pictures.

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    the beta 4 is out.

just not offically.

thats probably a way team twizzers frowns upon pirates.

5. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    couldn't installing HBC under IOS61 and having Cioscorp installed couldn't they than coexist together, cause my HBC uses IOS61, and i dont remember cioscorp having a Cios61??.
    Dont use cioscorp myself, so i may be way off

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I don't think cioscorp patches IOS61 (there'd be no point to doing so, anyway), so installing the HBC to it should solve this issue.

7. abdx

Newcomer abdx Newbie

Canada
    It seems absolutely stupid for a hacking team to "frown" upon piracy in this way. If they really wanted to take such a stand, they wouldn't develop their software in the first place, as it only accommodates this kind of behavior.

Hypocritical and flat out annoying.

8. mischievo

Newcomer mischievo Member

United States
    I believe that's the idea, so people will be less inclined to pirate things. If they wanted to be real assholes they could make it not load at all, delete all fakesigned content, or just brick your wii.

9. goku1980

Member goku1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    big deal there is loads of ways to load homebrew on wii now (i.e. wii explore,load mii) so they are baby's about loading back up's let them cry. i do think that messing with peoples wii's is a little uncalled for even if you dont like what they do with your work.
    but thanks for the heads up

10. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    Well it is their software, they can do as they wish with it. But i guess sometimes i really dont understand the WiiScene , why would people waste their time on blocking other people's hard work, just seems alittle immature to me. but maybe its just a bug i dunno

11. goku1980

Member goku1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well it is their software, they can do as they wish with it. But i guess sometimes i really dont understand the WiiScene , why would people waste their time on blocking other people's hard work, just seems alittle immature to me. but maybe its just a bug i dunno
    [/quote]

this guy gets it

12. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Frankly I think it's a bug, if it's true at all (should probably get more confirmation, I say). There's really no benefit to TT making it happen on purpose since cioscorp isn't the only way to load backups. But at the same time, cioscorp has given them huge headaches in the past before the installer was made to ignore fakesigned IOS's. But it doesn't seem like them to do something like that out of revenge or whatever.

13. King Of Chaos

Member King Of Chaos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not surprised, to be honest.

14. tw3nz0r

Newcomer tw3nz0r Advanced Member

United States
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.4 runs on IOS61. If you have a fakesigned IOS61 for whatever reason, download a new one from Nintendo and install it, there's no reason you need a fakesigned IOS61. I have HBC 1.0.4 with cIOSCorp 3.4 installed, with the exception of the mothballed IOSs, and IOS37, in which I use the original cIOSCorp37.

15. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Man, I can just imagine how many "My HBC is upside down!" posts we are going to see when release hits. TT are some funny guys, let me tell yah [​IMG]

16. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    the first hbc release was definitely the best

i loved the middle finger cursor, fucking owned [​IMG]

17. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Mabye this is not against piracy but fucking up all IOSes with this cioscop shit?

18. Wack0

Member Wack0 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  19. ca_michelbach

Member ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I remember someone posting this before, mainly because I didn't believe them and got proved wrong. Is it an easter egg, error on your part or does it need to be reported to TT?

20. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    This is deliberate, its like the "Can't find sane IOS!" on the installer.