HaxxStation: DS Download Station exploit

13 years.

The original DS was released in 2004, and to this day, no hax for Download Play had been made.

Until now.

Gericom found an exploit in DS Download Station, allowing us to run any homebrew we'd like over DS download play.

Source code for dspatch: https://github.com/Gericom/dspatch

Enjoy!

Credits:
Exploit: shutterbug2000, Gericom, and Apache Thunder
Graphics: Jaames, Robz8

And if you want to load unsupported flashcarts on a DSi:

Yes.
Here's Apache Thunder's flashcard launchers edited for HaxxStation. @shutterbug2000 should put this in the first post.
https://www.odrive.com/s/23b9f39c-ae15-4c1b-8ff7-64344fa6f2d2-5939fc7f

Attachments

• dspatch.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,275
  • dspatchv1.1.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,717
Last edited by shutterbug2000,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I may:
plus the error windows disappear too fast to screenshot anyway
Usually when this happens, it's because you're trying to run a .bat file or a command-line utility from Windows Explorer instead of from the command line. You might be able to see the error if you run whatever this is from the command line instead.

The fast way is to shift-right-click a folder in Windows Explorer and select "Open command window here".

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Well, I also use reddit. Whats your u/? Also, for whatever reason, I cant seem to get JMF to work in nesds. I've tried building it using my own Build To Scale.bat (the name is a Rhythm Heaven Reference) and opening Msys2 and manually making it. (Msys2 acts like a linux terminal, so that means drive letters are in lowercase, and instead of \ between folders, it would be a /, like a URL, so for example, C:\Windows would be c:/Windows) but I did make a custom icon for it, with the pnk fighter giving two thumbs up! I'll attach the icon. (The brown shows up transparent in the DSDL Client)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I may:

Usually when this happens, it's because you're trying to run a .bat file or a command-line utility from Windows Explorer instead of from the command line. You might be able to see the error if you run whatever this is from the command line instead.

The fast way is to shift-right-click a folder in Windows Explorer and select "Open command window here".
Well thing is is that when I run the .bat from explorer it works fine for me.

Attachments

• icon.bmp
    630 bytes · Views: 129

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I'm saying is that when you're running whatever this other thing is, you're getting an error that disappears too quickly to see. That's why I'm staying you might be able to see it if you run it from the command line instead.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I also use reddit. Whats your u/? Also, for whatever reason, I cant seem to get JMF to work in nesds. I've tried building it using my own Build To Scale.bat (the name is a Rhythm Heaven Reference) and opening Msys2 and manually making it. (Msys2 acts like a linux terminal, so that means drive letters are in lowercase, and instead of \ between folders, it would be a /, like a URL, so for example, C:\Windows would be c:/Windows) but I did make a custom icon for it, with the pnk fighter giving two thumbs up! I'll attach the icon. (The brown shows up transparent in the DSDL Client)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

u/Sans_Reddittale. I figured it was a Rhythm Heaven reference- I played the DS one just a few days ago via twlmenu++!
also... that moment when joy mech fight is so good a game it borks anything trying to convert it

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
What I'm saying is that when you're running whatever this other thing is, you're getting an error that disappears too quickly to see. That's why I'm staying you might be able to see it if you run it from the command line instead.
Well what plas was running was the .bat which only errors out if devkitpro isn't installed, and weve already tried getting DKP onto his PC.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I didn't make nesDS. @Coto did. :P
Oh. My bad! thanks for correcting me, though! the more you know!
Hopefully someone can figure out why Joy Mech Fight isn't working, since when I open the resulting .nds (Using my flashcart) there's just a bunch of numbers on the bottom screen which change when I press the R button. I assume it's Debug info, but idk tbh

Last edited by jeffyTheHomebrewer,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. My bad! thanks for correcting me, though! the more you know!
Hopefully someone can figure out why Joy Mech Fight isn't working, since when I open the resulting .nds (Using my flashcart) there's just a bunch of numbers on the bottom screen which change when I press the R button. I assume it's Debug info, but idk tbh
Yeah that’s what happened to me too before I installed the devkitpro stuff
At least that made SOMETHING

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I didn't make nesDS. @Coto did. :P

Err... I can't take credit for NesDS!! because I just made NIFI to work again in newer devkitARM, IIRC loopy was the main coder (and other devs). The only thing I made 100% was ToolchainGenericDS API and projects derived from it, besides some DS emulation stuff

Reactions: RocketRobz

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Err... I can't take credit for NesDS!! because I just made NIFI to work again in newer devkitARM, IIRC loopy was the main coder (and other devs). The only thing I made 100% was ToolchainGenericDS API and projects derived from it, besides some DS emulation stuff

Then who made it?

That can use to put Homebrew in a 3DS?

NO!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol