Haxchi vs. Wii-VC & Gamecube-VC Titles

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mp3man, Oct 18, 2018.

1. mp3man
    OP

mp3man Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Team,

Just found an issue using Haxchi and Wii-VC & Gamecube-VC Titles (injected).

Once I start the WiiU and load Haxchi CFW, I can run Wii-VC / GC-VC titles fine. But when I exit the game and return to Sysmenu, I can't load another Wii/GC VC game - as it gives me an 199-9999 error. The solution is to load Haxchi CFW every time before I run a Wii/GC game.

I think that once a WII-VC/GC-VC is loaded, it loses the sigpatch when returning to sysmenu... Just asking if it's a common issue, or if there is a workaround for this.

Thanks!

2. Zapdos857

Zapdos857 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    You need Mocha or another CFW

mp3man likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Obviously, booting (enhanced) Vwii kernels unloads the WiiU mode one, which results in the loss of any temporary patches

There's no solution until we'll be able to sign our own kernels (ha ha ha) or a practical bootrom signature verification exploit is found and implemented (ha ha ha)
    Of course, in the meanwhile you can use the next best thing (CBHC) if having to manually launch an exploit annoys you (and I wouldn't blame you either!)

Cyan and mp3man like this.
  4. mp3man
    OP

mp3man Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Yes, just need to confirm if I load Mocha through Haxchi fix that issue...

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    that won't fix the issue, like Ryccardo said launching vWii unloads WiiU kernel and its cfw patches.
    it would unload Mocha patches too. I don't remember if EmuNAND had a fix for vWii mode, but that would be even more complicated to manage.

the best workaround is cbhc, it auto-patch the firmware at wiiu mode launch.

Last edited by Cyan, Oct 18, 2018