Hacking Haxchi on 2x wii u's buy 2 games from estore ?

pob14ie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi
I have 2x Wii u's that I want to put Haxchi on 1x 5.5.1 and 1x 5.5.2(broken dvd drive) . (may keep one as backup / or sell)
I am setting up a nintendo account for the first time , so my question is :
Since Haxchi uses a ds vc game as entry point can i use same game for both or should i buy 2 seperate games as presume
cant run the same game from 2x diferent machines even on same account.

Many thanks
Paul

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I have 2x Wii u's that I want to put Haxchi on 1x 5.5.1 and 1x 5.5.2(broken dvd drive) . (may keep one as backup / or sell)
I am setting up a nintendo account for the first time , so my question is :
Since Haxchi uses a ds vc game as entry point can i use same game for both or should i buy 2 seperate games as presume
cant run the same game from 2x diferent machines even on same account.

Many thanks
Paul
You'll need two separate NNID accounts and two separately purchased DS games.

Reactions: pob14ie

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This ^^. I remember when Haxchi just came out. It didn't have sig patches built in yet, and didn't even have an installer. I was using a script to install it. All Haxchi did was to allow to launch Homebrew Channel and fw.img without needing web exploit. I was fearing Nintendo would patch the Haxchi exploit quickly (which they never did), and I had 3 consoles to hack, so I bought Brain Ages 3 times with 3 different NNID, but all on the same credit card. They must have thought it weird, but hey, I was a big fan of Brain Ages! :rofl2:

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You'll need two separate NNID accounts and two separately purchased DS games.
Why the separate NNIDs?
Can one NNID only be active on one console at the same time? And if yes how would Nintendo know if I use it on console 1, never connect it to the internet ever again and use it on console 2 then?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the separate NNIDs?
Can one NNID only be active on one console at the same time? And if yes how would Nintendo know if I use it on console 1, never connect it to the internet ever again and use it on console 2 then?
That is correct. You can't have a valid NNID active on two Wii U's. You could set one up, download the HaxChi game, disconnect the first system from the internet (AND NEVER GO ONLINE AGAIN unless you want a brick of system one) then call Nintendo and have them transfer your ID to a second system. This would work until you go online again with the first system and then HaxChi wouldn't work (and in turn CBHC would brick)

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is correct. You can't have a valid NNID active on two Wii U's. You could set one up, download the HaxChi game, disconnect the first system from the internet (AND NEVER GO ONLINE AGAIN unless you want a brick of system one) then call Nintendo and have them transfer your ID to a second system. This would work until you go online again with the first system and then HaxChi wouldn't work (and in turn CBHC would brick)
Why would I have to call Ninty?
On the Switch I can just log into my NNID on another console which makes that the active one.
Would my second Wii U tell me, my NNID is currently not available as it is connected to another Wii U, when I try it? (don't have two Wii U consoles right now, just wondering)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the Switch I can just log into my NNID on another console which makes that the active one.
Would my second Wii U tell me, my NNID is currently not available as it is connected to another Wii U, when I try it? (don't have two Wii U consoles right now, just wondering)
On Wii U you have to do a system transfer before it will work on the new Wii U. It will tell you that you can't use this NNID on this Wii U and you will have to do a system transfer. The reason you would have to call Ninty is because you can't do a regular system transfer without taking the first Wii U online and then your HaxChi wouldn't work after that.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

for wii u and 3DS , a system transfer needs to be performed or have to call Ninty to manually transfer on their side.. this was somehow fixed on the Switch where you only have to set an active console one at a time..

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On Wii U you have to do a system transfer before it will work on the new Wii U. It will tell you that you can't use this NNID on this Wii U and you will have to do a system transfer. The reason you would have to call Ninty is because you can't do a regular system transfer without taking the first Wii U online and then your HaxChi wouldn't work after that.

for wii u and 3DS , a system transfer needs to be performed or have to call Ninty to manually transfer on their side.. this was somehow fixed on the Switch where you only have to set an active console one at a time..

Ah yeah I remember that stuff. The only thing left I can think of is to make both Wii U's technically identical software sided. If I'm not wrong I read that somewhere here many months ago that it's possible by dumping Seeprom or something like that. Guess it was mentioned as someone asked on how to use the same Wii U HDD on two consoles.

Edit: Of course it would be a bad idea to use them both (online) at the same time then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.