Official Haxchi Direct - A simple signature patcher

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kohmei, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Calahan

Calahan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hi,
    last time I tried Haxchi instead of Haxchi Direct, I found out that Haxchi doesn't set sigpatches if you hold a button, for loading Loadiine for example. After returning from Loadiine I tried start to start the HBL Channel, which didn't work. I got sigpatches with Haxchi only with default mode, without pressing any button.
    Since then I use Haxchi Direct again. So I don't have to think, do I have sigpatches or not...
    All the best,
    Calahan

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    What? Haxchi Direct is pretty much the same as Haxchi with default=sysmenu in config.txt
    Of course you either gotta choose whether you want to launch sysmenu (which includes sig patches) or Loadiine. Both in one step is impossible. No matter if you're using Haxchi or Haxchi Direct.

3. Calahan

Calahan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    @PoppaDre wrote he pressed button B while loading Haxchi, so I thought that this could be the reason why he didn't get sigpatches. (I used button A for Loadiine and got no sigpatches, as you wrote.)
    If he configured button B for sysmenu (and after re-reading his post, it seems so), he should have get sigpatches.
    I thought you only get sigpatches with Haxchi if you don't press a button. Thanks for clarifying :)
    So maybe he used an old Haxchi version without sigpatches then. I don't know.

I could use Haxchi with no buttons configured, but @Kohmei wrote "... by removing waits for user input and sigpatcher2sysmenu ELF loading, transition is several seconds faster and much cleaner (no intermediary white screen between Wii U logos)." So I prefer using Haxchi Direct :)

Last edited by Calahan, Feb 13, 2017
  4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    You either get sig patches with Haxchi or launch a specific homebrew (like HBL or Loadiine) at once, never both.
    Sig patches could be:
    - Simple Signature Patcher
    - IOSUHAX (fw.img)
    - Mocha CFW
    - Haxchi CFW

You launch them with whatever button you link them to (or put them to "default=" in config.txt).
    The first three of my list are launched through an ELF file while Haxchi CFW can be launched by putting "sysmenu" (and nothing else) after a button or default in config.txt instead of a path to an ELF file.

Last edited by lordelan, Feb 13, 2017
  5. PoppaDre

PoppaDre GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2016
    Canada
    Thanks guys. I ended up doing restarting the process making sure I was installing the latest Haxchi and going though with CBHC and I'm now able to run custom sigs!

6. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Still too soon.

PoppaDre likes this.
  7. Pwned_4

Pwned_4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    @Kohmei

Hi there.

Sorry to bother you just for this, but could you help me out? I'm new to the WiiU hacking scene :)

I'm currently trying to install a modified game from this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenobla...th-brazilian-install-method-app-files.453781/ I've tried to follow every step but I'm stuck at the last part, on the WUP installer. In the post I linked it says that I have to run the signature patches before attempting to install the game on the sd card, as you can see bellow:

"14. Copy the Files to the SD Card and run SigPatches on your Wii U. Boot up WupInstaller after and Install the Game. Don't forget to delete the Old Game before if it's installed. Install the game and make sure you only run the Game with Mocha or Sigpatches on ! Enjoy your Undubbed/Uncensored Game it also works perfectly fine with Patch 1.01E and 1.02U and Online works aswell."

So I ran Haxchi and tried to do just that. But turns out the version of haxchi I have doesn't include signature patches, whatever they are x) . I have the Haxchi version 2.3u1, which I only have in my SD card so that I could do the virtual DS game hack that installs the homebrew launcher on the wii u menu so I can launch homebrew without using the browser everytime. But I still haven't done that as I still haven't bought the required DS game from e-shop at this point in time. Also, I currently have version 1.4 of the homebrew launcher, if it's of any relevance.

But regardless, I tried to install the game through Wup installer without the signature patches requirement, and as I might have expected it gave me an error. Error code 0xFFFBF442 - "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig" to be precise.

So my questions are:

- Will your https://github.com/kohmeito/haxchi-direct/releases/tag/1.0 solve the issue with the required signature patches, making it able to install the game in the sd card?

- If so, should I remove the Haxchi version 2.3u1 I have on my SD card, then replace it with the files from https://github.com/kohmeito/haxchi-direct/releases/tag/1.0 to the sd card?

The main reason I still haven't bought the DS game and use the current haxchi I have to install the offline homebrew launcher is because I'm fearful that if I did, then I couldn't use your haxchi direct to use the signature patches, or worse, risk a possible brick.

Thanks for your time :)

8. StraTTtheRipper

StraTTtheRipper Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    I've been using this for almost 2 months now and it works great, just one question...is it region free? Can I install EU games on my NA console? I've been using WUP files from NUS that work for red band and they work great but I don't want to risk bricking my system...thanks! GReat work!

9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Yes. Worst case is you get an error message if you haven't booted Haxchi and that's it. Just boot it and try again in this case. No bricks unless you fool around with system titles.

10. torhay

torhay Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2014
    Italy
    what did you do to have haxchi loading directly loadiine? i just installed it but it loads HBL by default
    thanks

11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Just use Haxchi, not this outdated "Haxchi Direct".
    With normal (and recent) Haxchi you just edit your SD:\haxchi\config.txt to
    Code:
    default=path/to/loadiine/loadiine.elf
    Then you run the Haxchi installer from HBL once again and you're done.