Hacking Having trouble with some newer games.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running on hacked 4.0 U. I tried these games with Gecko and Disc Channel and they either don't load after the title is recognized, or they hang at a green screen.

All PAL games with Force NTSC on btw:

Little King's Story
We Rock Drum King
Minon: Everyday Hero
Blast Works: Build Fuse Destroy
Job Island

All my other PAL games work fine. Am i missing something, perhaps a new CIOS? I did a network install of "cIOS36 rev10" So I'm not sure what i am doing wrong. Also, is there any way to install Start Patch (Newest one) on my wii if i have Preloader .29 installed? The preloader hacks simply don't work for me (RF Channels, RF SD Channels, RF Games, etc.)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you using a modchip? If yes, why didn't you mention it? Most people here(>90%?) don't have one.

And you should know what causes a green screen freeze in import games if you force your video mode.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a chip, but it's long been outdated and hasn't played a newer game since Mario Galaxy with serious tweaking of the disc itself. And since installing preloader, my chip hasn't been playing imports at all lately. I haven't been paying too close attention to the scene lately, so i am at a loss for the green screen freeze and the "Loading game" freeze in Gecko.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing. I play Madworld just fine, but I'm unsure if there is a newer IOS out that i need to install.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
thats just one ios fix (mad world)...If these are all imports then i would at least try a PC based region changing tool to patch the main dol this will almost always result in a playable dvd using backup loader gamma 0.3 (personally i like the new USB loader it has faster in game load times!)

was your Gecko OS up to date? providing it was an origanal disc that should work! If they are backups try wiigators gamma its a heavy modded gecko os
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vettacossx said:
thats just one ios fix (mad world)...If these are all imports then i would at least try a PC based region changing tool to patch the main dol this will almost always result in a playable dvd using backup loader gamma 0.3 (personally i like the new USB loader it has faster in game load times!)

was your Gecko OS up to date? providing it was an origanal disc that should work! If they are backups try wiigators gamma its a heavy modded gecko os
wink.gif

Gamma isn't heavily modded Gecko OS, it's just load IOS249 and support decrypted discs what was modded. Most region patchers are crap and result in the best case in the green screen freeze you get in Gecko OS if you force the video mode. What's needed is a good one that patches the video modes too, but this doesn't work for all games(and that's not the patcher's fault then).

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:

wink.gif

I used both 1.8 and 1.9 to try and boot these pal games. Neither worked, so i tried Gamma and that gave me the same result. What's odd is that Blast Works runs fine without and video forcing, but it shows up in 50hz. But when i try force ntsc, it green screens me. PC Based region tool? Which one is the best one?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely, the only way to you'll be able to play these games is on an HDTV that supports the format, or a PAL television if you happen to have one. These games don't have NTSC code built in, so they outright won't work if you force NTSC. Most developers used to include both PAL and NTSC code in their games... as of the last few months, that is no longer the case (presumably a Nintendo restriction). If you don't have an HDTV (and even then, not ALL NTSC HDTVs will display the PAL format properly - contrary to popular belief, hdtv is not a universal standard), you will simply have to wait until the NTSC versions are released... I know Little King's Story is coming in the second week of June... I'm pretty excited about that one myself, as the PAL version won't work properly with my hdtv (most likely because it only runs in 576i... if it was 480p I'd be all set).

Alternately, I've heard that if you have a vcr/dvdr that supports both PAL and NTSC, you can run the Wii through that, and then out to the tv. Haven't tried this, as I don't have any PAL/NTSC combo devices.

Region hacking these games WILL NOT WORK.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Region hacking works for some games, but not all. If you have a game that only runs in 576i, try it with my toy with different settings.

Korudo

Koru Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i just used "Generic Wii Patcher" to region hack the games and they all boot fine through Gamma, but not Gecko. Thanks for all the advice guys. Any solutions for Preloader? I really would rather have Start Patch since the preloader hacks aren't working for me at all.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Korudo said:
Ok i just used "Generic Wii Patcher" to region hack the games and they all boot fine through Gamma, but not Gecko.
Does that mean you got Little King's Story PAL working on an NTSC Wii without an HDTV? If so, any luck getting it to work on USB Loader as well?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s