Having trouble with reflashing my M3i Zero with a Mac

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by synxiii, Jun 22, 2010.

1. synxiii
    OP

Newcomer synxiii Member

Canada
    I seem to be getting some games with the "Save Data File Format Error" message with some games I want play so I decided to format my SDHC 4gb card. This is where it gets messy.
    I can't find the original package containing the system fold and F_Core.dat files now and I tried downloaded the newest installer for the firmware in Windows 7 but W7 doesn't seem to read the newly formatted SD card(which I formatted through FAT, not choices for FAT32). So I tried to format the SD card with W7 but it only partitions 200mb free which doesn't make sense!

The card was fine before because when I first got my DSi and M3i Zero, it was when I was using Windows XP on my IBM Thinkpad and had a iMAC G5 where now I am using W7 on the Thinkpad and my Mac is now a Macbook(intel).

Is there a solution for this mess now? I tried to use current system file folder with the F_core.dat and tried to flash it attached to my macbook(since it would recognize the entire SD Card) but it just light up red(no blinking) so I dunno if it requires flashing or not.

Help please and thanks in advanced guys!

Added:
    Took out my SD card to see what the DSi would see in the menu, it's still the Danny Phantom icon which if I just put a new System Folder in, it should be fine then?
    Problem is that it sorta just stops when the M3 is loading up bottom screen.

2. bluejays

Member bluejays GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Don't press any buttons while its loading. Try reformatting your card again use the panasonic sd formatter program. Then re add the system folder or all the folders from the m3 sakura faqs. Pretty much if its already flashed to 1.4 core you dont need to that again

3. synxiii
    OP

Newcomer synxiii Member

Canada
    Reformatted the SD card with the Panasonic program, replaced the SYSTEM folder and tried the game that gave me the error message and everything works great!
    Thanks bluejays!
    I guess it was the way both OS' were formatting that was screwing up the way how the SD card was being read.