Hacking Having trouble with new trinket m0 flash and install

hexagonlux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my trinket, ready to be soldered in but am having some trouble with the initial flashing.
When I plug the trinket into my pc, I have a "TRINKETBOOT" drive available.
According to the steps outlined at [guide I can't link], I must now grab one of the files from [github repository I can't link], drag it to this "TRINKETBOOT" drive and it is meant to automatically reset and show me a "SWITCHBOOT" drive.
Well, I assume I am meant to use the "SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2" file, yeah? When I drag and drop that into "TRINKETBOOT", nothing happens.
Ok, I guess I'll try and disconnect and then reconnect the chip? Now I have a folder called "CIRCUITPY". No sign of "SWITCHBOOT"
This folder only has 12k of free space. I don't think I'll be putting any payloads there.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

EDIT: So yeah, dropping UF2 files into the "TRINKETBOOT" device doesnt do anything. The exception was a bootloader update UF2. That one did what it was meant to and automatically installed.
I also tried uploading the switchboot and also the fusee sketches through the arduino software. All of them threw errors during compiling.
I'm stumped. Any insight, anyone?

Last edited by hexagonlux,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my trinket, ready to be soldered in but am having some trouble with the initial flashing.
When I plug the trinket into my pc, I have a "TRINKETBOOT" drive available.
According to the steps outlined at [guide I can't link], I must now grab one of the files from [github repository I can't link], drag it to this "TRINKETBOOT" drive and it is meant to automatically reset and show me a "SWITCHBOOT" drive.
Well, I assume I am meant to use the "SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2" file, yeah? When I drag and drop that into "TRINKETBOOT", nothing happens.
Ok, I guess I'll try and disconnect and then reconnect the chip? Now I have a folder called "CIRCUITPY". No sign of "SWITCHBOOT"
This folder only has 12k of free space. I don't think I'll be putting any payloads there.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

EDIT: So yeah, dropping UF2 files into the "TRINKETBOOT" device doesnt do anything. The exception was a bootloader update UF2. That one did what it was meant to and automatically installed.
I also tried uploading the switchboot and also the fusee sketches through the arduino software. All of them threw errors during compiling.
I'm stumped. Any insight, anyone?
You followed this thread?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?