Having trouble with my DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GameDragon, Nov 15, 2006.

1. GameDragon
    OP

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    Well, this is unfortunate... Recently, my DS Lite has been randomly shutting off on me and is becoming quite a problem. It happened about a month ago but it was only once and I paid it no attention. However, it is becoming alot more frequent nowadays and I was wondering if anyone knew a solution for it. I noticed the problem more when Yoshi Island DS was released, but I'm sure this is just a coincidence (...hopefully). If this helps, I use a M3 Mini-SD and my DSL was recently flashed (Sometime this weekend). I would really appreciate a solution to this as the random power offs plus the random freezes of Akumajou Dracula makes me want to smash my window [​IMG] .

2. CatScam

CatScam ScamaRama!

Apr 29, 2006
    United States
    I've seen something similar to this on a DS-Phat. The cause of the random
    shut offs were due to a bad bat or bat connection. As the DS got hotter the
    more persistent the problem became. It's possible you're having the same
    problem.

3. GameDragon
    OP

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    Hm, well I noticed that it only shuts off while using my M3 and when pressing the Y or B button, so I guessing that it's not excatly 'random'...

So, uh... any suggestion would be very nice [​IMG].

4. -EX-

-EX- Racer

Banned
    Aug 16, 2006
    Tokyo
    Try swapping your battery with your friend's one and play a few hours. If there will be no problem, then you need a new battery.

5. GameDragon
    OP

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    Would a DS Phat battery work? I don't have any available friends with DS Lites...

6. -EX-

-EX- Racer

Banned
    Aug 16, 2006
    Tokyo
    No, it won't.