Hacking having trouble with my acekard 2i

starfighter1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well i recently got my acekard 2i and i loaded the firmware and the akmenu.nds but when i put my micro sd chip into the acekard and then into my dsl it does not show up im very mad because iv done everything that i was told to but it just wont work. i formatted my card to Fat32 and i do not have anything extra on the card besides the firmware and akmenu.nds file.....do you have any clue as to what i am doing wrong?

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your dsi at firmware 1.4? If your dsi is at 1.4 and your acekard2i didn't come with updated bootloader your acekard2i won't work until you update the acekard2i bootloader. You can do this on a older ds lite or ds fat.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean doesn't show up? There is no icon for the card on the DS lite? Or when you start the card up it says "Loading" forever or says that nothing was found on the card?
Im using FAT not FAT32,maby that will help,but I doubt it. What kind of SD card is it?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
starfighter1 said:
ok well i recently got my acekard 2i and i loaded the firmware and the akmenu.nds but when i put my micro sd chip into the acekard and then into my dsl it does not show up im very mad because iv done everything that i was told to but it just wont work. i formatted my card to Fat32 and i do not have anything extra on the card besides the firmware and akmenu.nds file.....do you have any clue as to what i am doing wrong?
are you using AKAIO? if you are using AKAIO and it is not working for you
then try the official firmware

if official firmware works but not akaio
then you got FAKE cart
smile.gif

another thing that you might did wrongly is
you need both akmenu.nds + __aio (folder)

starfighter1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there is no icon like it just doesnt detect the card....maybe i should just use fat ill try and report back. oh and the sd card is a kingston 8 gig i bought the card from modchipcentral.com

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfighter1 said:
well there is no icon like it just doesnt detect the card....maybe i should just use fat ill try and report back. oh and the sd card is a kingston 8 gig i bought the card from modchipcentral.com

Ahh that sucks,that means you have a card with a bad connection most likely and have to stick a think piece of card board between the card and the DS,so it first sturdy,but do try dome other stuff also.

starfighter1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i am using the official firmware....and i have both files the akmenu4.nds file and the ak2 folder.

Posts merged

yes it shows up on the memory of the sd card. cardboard....wow this sounds inconvient....

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should look like
46689552.jpg
in the root of the card. If you were using Akaio,either way. Thats the setup it should be in. And of course some games. Im sure its not the firmware though.

-----------
Yeah,it would be inconvenient. Ive never had it happen but some do,It mite be rare though,none of my friends had that problem.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if the problem is bad connection from your Acekard try to keep taking it out and reinserting it over and over sometimes the DS will eventually recognize it...also you might want to try to clean it with rubbing alcohol.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfighter1 said:
ok i also have the read me file in thier but oh well and its not running akaio but should i try using akaio?

Akaio is wayyyyy better,but you seem to have a bad connection. =\

---------------------
Alcohol is a last resort,try reinserting it until it recognizes it first. Sometimes my DS lite has that problem with normal carts also.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats some real bad luck right there. Where did you buy the card?
------
Get what you want to get,check out the review section on this site,also I can only do recommendations,and I would recommend Acekard only because thats the only one I played (And R4 but I so don't recommend that). But me and friends enjoy it,but as I said,do some reviewing.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1