Having trouble with gpsp rom load on a PSP GO

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by RyanRDLPS, Apr 1, 2011.

Apr 1, 2011
  1. RyanRDLPS
    OP

Member RyanRDLPS GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've tried many different builds of gpsp and I just can't get them to load a rom on a PSP GO.

Specs:
    PSP GO-
    OFW: 6.20
    -TN-D for exploit.

Every other emulator loads, and runs roms perfectly. It's just gpsp that is suffering. I can get it to load and run the actual homebrew but when
    it attempts to load any rom it crashes to it's default blue screen then kicks out to the XMB.

Is there a certain version that I can use or am I missing a step here?
    I've tried the latest GPSP-J version available via the sticky "Retro Emulators" topic.

My goal here is to nab the most current version that is compatible with a PSP GO.

What is everyone else using, any success?

2. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    As I mentioned in a similar topic a couple of days ago, I use UO GPSP Kai 3.2 user 64M test 02 and it works swimmingly on my PSP Go with 6.20 TN-D.

3. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the hasty reply thaddius!

I will give that a shot and see what I can find. I've been working on this for a couple days now and have exhausted my way through the search engines. Since I can't find much on the subject of incompatibility with gpsp and the go I can only conclude two things. No one has a Go, and the other would be I'm missing a very obvious step. And the best I could come up with there is the firmware so...

A quick parting question would it be better to upgrade to OFW 6.35? Would the latest version of gpsp-j be compatible then?

4. Joktan

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I do not own a psp go but im pretty sure you need the gba bios...

5. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Oh yes. Sorry I left that out of the initial post. I do have the BIOS, and have used it in each attempt. Still having troubles though.

6. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    I, personally, would stick with 6.20. TN-D is a great piece of work.

7. KevFan

Member KevFan GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    actually i believe the all versions work even the newer ones, you just need to go to misc in the menu and turn 'fake fat' to on

8. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    4gc, thanks for your response as well.
    I've tried that I have. But I could not for the life of me find that option. Which may be the smallest step I'm missing. Would you mind giving me a real quck "I'm totally a nOOb but not really" TUTORIALZ. Haha.

I just nabbed a PSP GO for free yesterday and was very excited to see how far the community has taken the development of Homebrew/ISO CSO loading now that the root keys were found.

I've had my 2000 daxter model forever but just thought it was finally time for an upgrade. I find it a lot sexier to carry a single device with so much storage then a PSP and seven Memory Sticks. Yup I had over twenty gigs of space. >_

9. KevFan

Ireland
    well
    1.load up gpsp kai
    2.this takes you to the roms folder
    3.instead of loading up a rom, press X (the 'back' button)
    4.this should bring you to the gpsp kai menu containing the graptic options etc
    5.move down to the misc option, hit O ( 'enter' button)
    6.you'll see a fake fat option (near the bottom of the list of options)
    7.move down to it and hit right on the D-pad, turning the option to 'yes'
    8.push X (back button) bringing you back to main menu
    9.enter 'load new games',which brings you back to the folder containing your roms
    10.load gba rom and this should fix the freeze that occurs when loading a gba game

10. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Hey 45gc, I followed your helpful list to the letter and unfortunately it freezes on the rom loading status bar. I can set the misc option to fake fat "YES" no problem. But it's not loading the rom unfortunately. What version are you using? It's the KAI builds right?

11. KevFan

Ireland
    well i'm using one of the kai builds, version 3.4 build 'something'(referring to a number that i dont know), i had hoped that it would have fixed your issue since i know it works but here i have uploaded a copy of Liquidzigong's(a dev of PRO) fixed gpsp for 6.XX HENs, since his link is currently dead.This version a 3.4 version of gpsp kai.I have tested it on TN-D and it works

12. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Very nice! Thanks so much for the link. I did get everything running but I miss the shortcut keys. "L" to load new game for instance. Do you know of a version that
    has the shortcut keys? Other than that with your help, and countless tests of almost every build dating back to 2009 I finally got it running. Very well might I add! If I can't get the shortcuts to work no big deal, but it would be the icing on the cake so to speak.

Thanks again everyone, especially 45gc! I appreciate the upload!

13. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The shortcut keys are from within the menu, not the game.

14. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    "The shortcut keys are from within the menu, not the game."

Right. But they don't function in the version that I'm using. 3.2 KAI BUILD 69. Tried the next current version (Test 7). Do they work in all versions, and I'm just missing something simple?

15. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Just a quick close on this topic. After upgrading/switching to 6.35 PRO-B3 exploit for my PSP GO the latest GPSP-J homebrew worked like a charm. Thanks for everyones help!