thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I ever get is "Error Cheat file not found".
I have two files, CHEATS.DAT (Formerly urscheat from Narin), and CHEATS.XML (Same origin)
I'm running the latest official Acekard2 firmware.
The files are in the "cheats" folder in the AK2 folder which in on the root of my card.
Any help would be appriciated.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use the Bliss menu instead of the official menu with Narin's "CHEAT.DAT" file. The Bliss menu is the same as the official menu, but with a lot of extra features (including the ability to use different cheat database formats). You may need to change an option in the menu to use the "CHEAT.DAT" format. The Bliss menu is here: http://bliss.hanirc.org/blog/

-Bri

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People here really need to stop doing this. He didn't say anything about wanting to switch loaders so stop shoving it down everybody's throat and answer the question.

Anyway. it's cheat.dat not cheats.dat so that may be the problem right there.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, dib, but you're incorrect. The official menu apparently uses "cheats.dat" and "cheats.xml" but I'm not really sure what format the "cheats.dat" is. Which is why I recommended that he use the Bliss menu with Narin's "CHEAT.DAT" file (no need for the XML file with Bliss), because I know it works.

So, I was offering him an actual solution to his problem.

That said, the Bliss menu has a lot of advantages over the official menu, including the ability to use the "CHEAT.DAT" database format (with no manual rebuilding of the cheats required like you have to do with the official menu).

-Bri

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay I stand corrected on cheats.dat. So it sounds like he is using the wrong cheat file. The readme should state which one is correct.

Still, the question was why it's not being detected, not 'is there a better loader than the one I'm using". I'm seeing the Bliss loader being touted everywhere as the solution to problems when nobody asked. If people wanted to use that, then they would.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some people aren't using the Bliss menu because they don't know about it.

In this case, the Bliss menu (it's not technically a loader since it includes the official loader) is a solution to the problem posted, since it will allow him to use Narin's "CHEAT.DAT" database. It also happens to solve another cheat-related issue, which is the manual rebuilding of the database.

So it was an appropriate response to his question. If you know which database he should use for "cheats.dat" with the official menu (assuming he doesn't want to use Bliss for whatever reason) feel free to post that information.

-Bri

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with Bri, some people do not ask because they do not know it exists. I see no problem with people recommending him a loader that works better and could possibly solve his problems, Narin's cheat file will work better on Bliss' Loader because the official loader doesn't support R4's CHEAT.DAT in first place, which is used as a basis for Narin's file.

pharmerken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thejellydude said:
All I ever get is "Error Cheat file not found".
I have two files, CHEATS.DAT (Formerly urscheat from Narin), and CHEATS.XML (Same origin)
I'm running the latest official Acekard2 firmware.
The files are in the "cheats" folder in the AK2 folder which in on the root of my card.
Any help would be appriciated.

I'm having the exact same problem with. I even tried the Bliss menu with its cheats and get the same message for every game I try for which I know the cheats are there as they are on the XML file. Any advice? Thanks.

ax_colleen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original name for cheats in EDGE is cheats.dat with config.xml (unsure), but when I add the new cheat.dat named USRCHEATS.DAT with 6k KB, renamed EDGEcheats.DAT, EDGEcheats.dat, cheats.dat, cheats.DAT, and CHEATS.DAT, but none worked, is there any name format that will work for EDGE?

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use usrcheat.dat on my acekard. and you can press start and go to system settings then press R, then i think you should be on the screen to choose which cheat file you want to use. just look around the system settings on the acekard and look for the cheat files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr