PS1/2 Having trouble transferring games to PS2 IDE HDD hooked up to PC

ARIRIKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello all.
I have my IDE HDD connected to my PC via an adaptor that allows my PC to register it as a drive. It's properly formatted through my PS2, and FTP works fine for me, albeit very, very slow.

However, when I try to transfer my ISO files through Winhiip and HDL_Dumb, the transferring stops very early on. like a minute in, and in Winhiip's case, it throws out an error saying that there's a problem reading the drive. When it tried to transfer for that minute, the program freezes for a moment, and I hear a disconnection sound from my PC. After it disconnects, it's as if the drive wasn't ever there until I turn off and unplug the adaptor, and then replug it again.

Does anyone know what the issue may be? I'm very afraid of messing up this drive, and if I can't find any solutions, I'll probably play it safe and use FTP, despite it being slow... :(

By the way, formatting the drive works perfectly fine. I've done it several times without issue. It's just transferring my games that I'm having issues with.

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello all.
I have my IDE HDD connected to my PC via an adaptor that allows my PC to register it as a drive. It's properly formatted through my PS2, and FTP works fine for me, albeit very, very slow.

However, when I try to transfer my ISO files through Winhiip and HDL_Dumb, the transferring stops very early on. like a minute in, and in Winhiip's case, it throws out an error saying that there's a problem reading the drive. When it tried to transfer for that minute, the program freezes for a moment, and I hear a disconnection sound from my PC. After it disconnects, it's as if the drive wasn't ever there until I turn off and unplug the adaptor, and then replug it again.

Does anyone know what the issue may be? I'm very afraid of messing up this drive, and if I can't find any solutions, I'll probably play it safe and use FTP, despite it being slow... :(

By the way, formatting the drive works perfectly fine. I've done it several times without issue. It's just transferring my games that I'm having issues with.
How do you connect it to the computer? Have you considered it might be that equipment that isn't writing properly?

Reactions: Alexander1970

ARIRIKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
How do you connect it to the computer? Have you considered it might be that equipment that isn't writing properly?
It's through an adaptor I bought off of Amazon to connect to my PC through a USB connection, since my PC doesn't support IDE drives natively. I asked for a refund on my equipment and plan to buy another adaptor, hoping that it writes to the drive without issues.

Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's through an adaptor I bought off of Amazon to connect to my PC through a USB connection, since my PC doesn't support IDE drives natively. I asked for a refund on my equipment and plan to buy another adaptor, hoping that it writes to the drive without issues.
So you've figured out what it might be? These USB adapters are not necessarily bad, that's what I use as well (although I power the drive from the PSU on my desktop computer). Anyway, I hope the new equipment is good and you make it work!

ARIRIKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So you've figured out what it might be? These USB adapters are not necessarily bad, that's what I use as well (although I power the drive from the PSU on my desktop computer). Anyway, I hope the new equipment is good and you make it work!
I wanna play it safe, so what equipment do you use? I want to make sure the new equipment I buy will actually work, so I'm wondering what you use. I don't want to buy another dud again. :(

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wanna play it safe, so what equipment do you use? I want to make sure the new equipment I buy will actually work, so I'm wondering what you use. I don't want to buy another dud again. :(
I tried to find the specific equipment I bought in my purchase history, but it seems to be delisted. I found a similar item from the same seller I bought mine from

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM