Hacking Having trouble setting up USB loading, lots of crashes

crimson_chin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, I have an IOMEGA harddrive. I have a data partition on it, and created an NTFS partition on it using a Windows partitioning tool, then formatted that to WBFS using WBFS Manager 3.0. I put the games on it by using "WBFS For Mac OS X". I installed the newest Waninkoko's CIOS. I've followed the (slightly older, I think a month ago version) "modify any Wii below 4.2" (aka the simplistic mod) guide, so Hermes CIOS has been installed as well.
First problem is, when I start up the application in the normal way... It crashes. Every single usb backup loader i've tried, crashes. But, if I first start up the Wii, then start up the usb loader, and THEN turn on the drive..
In Configurable USB Loader, it shows the games. But when I press A to boot them, it hangs on "booting wii game.."
In USB Loader GX, it popped up a dialog box saying I needed to format the drive.
In NeoGamma, it doesn't show any games, and crashes.

Do I have an incompatible harddrive?
I've searched the forums plenty of times, and spent about two hours searching for this issue, but I didn't find much. So please don't answer with "USE THE SEARCHBOX".

Would one of you guys help me with this, please?

EDIT: Nevermind, the problem was that I used NTFS and not FAT32. After I reformatted it to FAT32 and then to WBFS, it worked, but showed a black screen. Turns out I was using an incompatible game to test it out. Boom Blox Bash Party didn't work, but New Super Mario Bros., The Conduit, and Super Mario Galaxy did.

crimson_chin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got it all working now, and the only game that doesn't work is Boom Blox: Bash Party. If I start up the loader while having the external hdd turned on though, it crashes. If I start up the loader first, then at the part where it checks for harddisks/sd cards and it counts down, turn on the harddisk, then it works, and i get the list of games. Any of you guys know why this is?

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Isn't Bash Party compatible? I had not heard of that
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.