Having trouble restoring (updating/jailbreaking) this iPod Touch 4

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Dangy, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Dangy
    OP

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I have been out of the jailbreak scene for nearly two years now but I recently bought an iPod Touch 4 because it was dirt cheap. It had 4.0 on it but I wanted to have the latest untethered/jailbreakable software (which is 6.1.2). I can't update via iTunes because that would put me at 6.1.3, so I downloaded the ISPW and tried to update via a shift-restore. Now I'm stuck in a restore screen loop and I keep getting errors. I tried a few things with Tiny Umbrella but I just kept getting various errors when trying to restore. I made a custom ISPW with sn0wbreeze. Tried shift-restoring that, more errors.

I have no idea what to try next.

2. Izen

Member Izen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can't restore to 6.1.2 without your SHSHs backed up. SHSHs can only be backed up while Apple is signing the firmware you want the SHSHs for. Apple is not signing 6.1.2.

There is absolutely no way for you to restore to 6.1.2. You can try fixing recovery with TinyUmbrella to hopefully stay on 4.0, but more likely you're going to be forced to update to 6.1.3.

Do the research next time before you start something.

3. Kouen Hasuki

Member Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway
    Yea your kinda screwed now, a week ago you would have been fine but apple stopped signing 6.1.2 and since you obviously dont have SHSHs backed up or anything your gonna have to wait it out or go up to 6.1.3 and wait it out though evad0rs have stated there gonna hold off till the next major iOS update since they only have one card left to play to exploit iOS and jailbreak it and showing there hand right now based on a tiny bug fix release would be stupid

Dangy likes this.
  4. Dangy
    OP

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I just jumped into it since it's not a daily driver device. Doesn't really matter, thanks for the help.