having trouble loading simpsons hit and run iso from dvd

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by j0nnywolf, Sep 30, 2009.

1. j0nnywolf
    OP

Newcomer j0nnywolf Member

United States
    I have other working gamecube isos burned on dvds [-r on imgburn] and have tried loading with several loaders [neogamma r6, r7 and wg03] getting the same results..

I get a quick message to the extent of "Please insert Simpsons Hit and Run" this stays on the screen for only a second, than I get [this is not word for word]; "Error. please turn off the power and consult your nintendo gamecube manual"

If I hold B at load up for progressive scan, I'll get that message instead of the 'please insert disk' one, but still get the error message 1 second later.

I've tried burning it again [each time using the verification steps w/o problems, indicating a good burn], get same results.

I dont know if its ok to say where I get the isos here [if it is ok, let me know and I'll say] but my other isos are from the same place and I have reason to beleive the provider is a good source.

also, this is an NCST-U copy.

If anyone knows what the problem is, or what I need to do to get it to work, please let me know. The compatibility lists say this game should work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States
    I had to try a few different sources before I found a copy that worked, and it still has some problems during the cut-scenes or whatever, but it's playable.

The crc32 for the one I got working is 2861847F. I don't think it's the MOONCUBE or CUBESOFT release. Not sure where it originally came from but I know where you can get it if you don't already.

3. j0nnywolf
    OP

United States
    I don't.

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appriciated.

4. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States
    Check your PM's. [​IMG] Hope it works for you.

5. j0nnywolf
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the links, but its actually still not working! [​IMG]

I really thought tht'd do it too.

It must be something I'm doing.

I'm really stumped now [​IMG]

6. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States
    Well, if you've tried launching it with all the different choices (START, B, A, etc.) and it's still not working, I've no clue. What version of MIOS did you use? I used v8.

7. j0nnywolf
    OP

United States
    you mean the cmios? I had rev8. I upgraded to rev14 to try to get this to work though. no change.

I've tried the different video options that come up in the gamecube loader.
    It seems clear NTSC-U is the correct choice, if that's what your referring too. [other options get dysfunctional video as opposed to the error screens]

If your talking about something else, can you elaborate? maybe it will help.

8. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    check compatablity list, update mios

9. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States
    Sorry if this sounds like I'm treating you like a n00b, that's not my intention. Just trying to be thorough. [​IMG]

I used the [5133]gcbackup0.2.tgz from here to get my GC backups working. I used the offline method and grabbed MIOS v8 for the MIOSPATCHER util. I also chose to install it with the ability to launch backups directly from the regular BUL channel instead of installing an additional channel on my Wii. I'm only explaining this because I don't know if launching another way gives the same results. Anyways, after putting a disc in and hitting start I get WiiGator's GC BUL menu, and while most of the choices to launch a game concern video modes, B and START (and possibly A), have to do with compatibility. Some games require and/or work better using one of those choices to start the game. If you've tried those already, I really don't know what else to suggest. I'll dig out my copy of the game tomorrow and see what I actually have to use to get the game to work, but I think it was either B or START.

10. j0nnywolf
    OP

United States
    I don't remember the details of how I installed everything anymore, as it was a while ago at this point, but I also don't use a seperate channel.

I'm using neogamma v6 for this. If a hold B after the neogamma screen, I'll get the screen for the Gamecube loader 1.1. This has the video options, and also an option to load it w/ a patched MIOS [press Z]. No options for compatibility that I saw, and if I press B or Start, noting happens.

EDIT: Ok, appearently what I was talking about earlier was CIOS. That I had at rev8 and just updated to rev14. I'm guessing this is different from MIOS.
    How can I check which MIOS I have??

11. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States
    Sorry to leave you hanging like that...some admin saw fit to interrupt our conversation with a ban. [​IMG] Anyways, your best bet is to just grab the package I mentioned before, [5133]gcbackup0.2.tgz, and follow the readme.txt in there (there are two, one gives the links for the different MIOS files) that explains how to grab whatever version of MIOS you want to use for the MIOSPATCHER, and go from there. As I said previously, I used v8. And then just try launching the boot.dol in the rungcbackup folder from HBC and see if that works. That launcher has the video options and to use a patched MIOS for the game you hit B, and to use the reloader (whatever that does?) you hit START. Many games only work using one of those two options. I can't remember if H&R was one of them and I've been too busy to dig my copy out to try. I'll see if I can't get to it tonight though.

To see what version of MIOS you used, you can try AnyTitleDeleter, but obviously don't try deleting anything.

12. Neonridr

Newcomer Neonridr Member

Canada
    Not that it matters.. but I would like to update this thread since recently I had a breakthrough..

In case anyone else is having any troubles with The Simpsons Hit and Run working

I was able to get the game to actually boot to the copyright screen, however it sat here indefinitely and did nothing from that point on. I tweaked some settings and was able to get past the copyright screen, however all the movies (20th century fox, vivendi, etc) were extremely laggy and would stop repeatedly. It would eventually get to a loading screen, would eventually go to a -DEMO- mode of Homer driving around by himself. If you pressed any button it would go back to the main menu, and recycle over again.. show LOADING.. then go back to the -DEMO- mode.. etc, etc.

I played with a bunch of settings to see if I could get it to work.. and suddenly I got it working.

I use a softmodded Wii 4.2

cMIOS is v10
    cIOSXrev20 (I believe I am using cIOS56rev20)

All I did was use NeoGamma R9B44 (newest one I believe), go into GC Options, and set Reloader to Force

That's it, no playing with MIOS, no forcing Video Modes.. just the Reloader Option.

Game worked perfectly, booted up, all videos were running normal speed

Played the game for over an hour.. no problems to report whatsoever..

Hope that helps, if anyone has any questions let me know.