Having trouble converting RVT1 video codec to another format

FuzzyQuills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I don't quite know my way around yet... :D

Anyway, onto my problem: in order to be able to use some AVI files I made with MSI afterburner, I need to convert them to a usable internet format, as all of them use RVT1 (Rivatuner video 1) codec, which isn't supported by anything, it appears. so can anyone point me to a good free converter that could possibly do this task from me?

-FuzzyQuills

P.S: and this is for my original 20 recordings I did, I have switched to using matroska with MPEG-2 for recording stuff, of which works better than RVT1

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it was created with MSI Afterburner, then you should be able to use it to convert it to something else. RTV1 is not an unified standard, so don't expect there are any other software that can decode them.

Consider getting an external video capture device with hardware encoding, if you are frequently doing video recording. Or get a bigger HDD and use Fraps, which records uncompressed video (aka 1:1 RAW video).

FuzzyQuills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@I would use fraps, but one, don't have the money for full version, and two, my hard drive space is pretty poor atm. (only 64GB left of it... :D)

And I was considering using a hardware recorder, since you can't really record a Wii with a computer without it. (I use an emulator most of the time instead, for this reason) And using a camera is very definitely poor form, especially in my room... (In my room, the monitor's near the window, of which blots it out!)

I also just go a video converter, let's see how this goes... BTW, do you know where the rivatuner video DLL and REG are? I did know a while back, but I forgot how to do it again... ;)

Also, really fast response! I did not expect to get an answer this early, so thanks for this! (Normally, it takes two days for people to notice... :D)

FuzzyQuills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, sadly... I don't, I have Intel HD 3000, of which is still suitable for my recording stuff. (After all, N64 emulators don't take up that much, do they? ;))

And I have heard of shadow play from somewhere... Once I get enough money, and build my mini gaming rig, I will probably have this option, but for now... :D

FuzzyQuills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I found a method to convert the recordings!

Basically, I got MediaCoder, and I also found the Codec DLLS, so now I'm set! Just did a test conversion, and the files are AMAZINGLY SMALL! (Oh, and the quality is untouched! :))

FuzzyQuills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, will ask another question: How come some games go into windowed mode after a certain amount of time while recording? some of my test recordings were completely screwed by this bug... :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free