Hacking Having sysnand on one micro sd and emunand on another?

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I have a hacked switched. I've seen we can set up a clean sysnand with a back up, and then also have the hacks etc.. on emunand.

Is it possible to have a whole separate sd for sysnand and one for emunand or no?

Also going about emunand, would I have to re download my homebrews etc to set that up?

Last edited by Cha0tic,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You can have two separate SD cards if you like but then you would have to shutdown the console and change the SD card every time you switch between EmuMMC and SysMMC. AFAIK nobody has been banned in SysMMC for having homebrew and EmuMMC partition on the SD card.

Regarding your second question. Do you already have CFW in EmuMMC and want to move that to another SD card? Then follow this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/transfer_sd/

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have two separate SD cards if you like but then you would have to shutdown the console and change the SD card every time you switch between EmuMMC and SysMMC. AFAIK nobody has been banned in SysMMC for having homebrew and EmuMMC partition on the SD card.

Regarding your second question. Do you already have CFW in EmuMMC and want to move that to another SD card? Then follow this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/transfer_sd/

That's fine with me, honestly just want to play online but don't want to have to get another switch. So I don't mind swapping and having a whole sd card just for my legit stuff and well not legit. Dont really use my homebrew and not legit games, not that fun not being online lol but I dont want to also just get rid of cfw. So I thought have 2 sd would be great.

Yes I am already set up on the latest atmosphere and update!

Last edited by Cha0tic,

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine with me, honestly just want to play online but don't want to have to get another switch. So I don't mind swapping and having a whole sd card just for my legit stuff and well not legit. Dont really use my homebrew and not legit games, not that fun not being online lol but I dont want to also just get rid of cfw. So I thought have 2 sd would be great.

Yes I am already set up on the latest atmosphere and update!
You don't need a second mico SD card to keep your sysnand and emunand separate. As long as your sysnand is clean to begin with and you don't use CFW on the sysnand (and you don't go online with emunand), you won't get banned. It does not matter if the sd card you have inserted has emunand on it.

Reactions: TwoMinutes2319

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a second mico SD card to keep your sysnand and emunand separate. As long as your sysnand is clean to begin with and you don't use CFW on the sysnand (and you don't go online with emunand), you won't get banned. It does not matter if the sd card you have inserted has emunand on it.

I know that! Its just a preference thing for me, one micro sd for my sysnand and all those games and another with emunand and all those games/homebrew.

Could be a dumb question, without a sysnand back up, screwed? Have to go digging through my external HDD's to see where I left it so I was just curious

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that! Its just a preference thing for me, one micro sd for my sysnand and all those games and another with emunand and all those games/homebrew.

Could be a dumb question, without a sysnand back up, screwed? Have to go digging through my external HDD's to see where I left it so I was just curious
It depends. Have you used CFW on sysnand to install NSPs, LayerdFS, modify/restore saves? If so, you'll want to restore your backup before going online. If not, you should be fine.
Another question is, have you gone online on your sysnand since you made your backup? If so, I would not restore the backup. Nintendo can see that your telemetry logs don't match and flag you for a ban.

bungeegums

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ive been using 1 SD card for both sysnand and emunand. Also have been using cfw sysand and downloaded games from eshop and installed onto SD card and no dramas what so ever

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends. Have you used CFW on sysnand to install NSPs, LayerdFS, modify/restore saves? If so, you'll want to restore your backup before going online. If not, you should be fine.
Another question is, have you gone online on your sysnand since you made your backup? If so, I would not restore the backup. Nintendo can see that your telemetry logs don't match and flag you for a ban.

I've never made an emunand before so I believe my cfw is on sysnand and I have done all 3.
And no my sysnand back up has actually never been used, I bought this switch for the purpose of cfw when I got it and as soon as I bought it I set up cfw lol so the sysnand back up is clean.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ive been using 1 SD card for both sysnand and emunand. Also have been using cfw sysand and downloaded games from eshop and installed onto SD card and no dramas what so ever

That's good to hear! Going to have to get this set up so I can finally play smash and pokemon online :D

bungeegums

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've never made an emunand before so I believe my cfw is on sysnand and I have done all 3.
And no my sysnand back up has actually never been used, I bought this switch for the purpose of cfw when I got it and as soon as I bought it I set up cfw lol so the sysnand back up is clean.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's good to hear! Going to have to get this set up so I can finally play smash and pokemon online :D

make sure its your own legit brought games. no nsp what so ever

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't gone online, then you should be fine after you restore your backup. If you don't restore your backup, it's almost a guaranteed ban.

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't gone online, then you should be fine after you restore your backup. If you don't restore your backup, it's almost a guaranteed ban.

If I cant find it I'm going end grabbing a switch lite but just trying to avoid having another switch lol. thanks for answering alot of stuff

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I have a hacked switched. I've seen we can set up a clean sysnand with a back up, and then also have the hacks etc.. on emunand.

Is it possible to have a whole separate sd for sysnand and one for emunand or no?

Also going about emunand, would I have to re download my homebrews etc to set that up?
Having a separate SD card for sysMMC and emuMMC is more work for no payoff. There was not, is not, and will never be any evidence that files on an SD card can lead to a ban. Not only does it have the potential to generate false positives, its also potentially a violation of privacy making it legally questionable. Also, constantly removing the SD card can damage the SD card connector which is fragile if you look at the number of people who have had it break. Lastly, emuMMC is just a copy of sysMMC so nothing needs to be redownloaded.

CursaT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a question that's kind of related?

I have 4 hacked switches (one for each family member, In case that's relevant). We have always played nsp files of the games, and I created emunands that didn't have Nintendo accounts linked to them to prevent bans as I never cared about going online.
Now I want to try my luck online with ACNH, but can't link my account to my emunand. I get errors every time.

So I physically bought a cartridge of ACNH to reduce the ban risk, but my question is how to go online with my emunand (and being able to edit my saves)?

Do I need to Create a new emunand on a spare SD card from my stock OS that (now) has a linked Nintendo account and only keep the bare min homebrew apps like JKSE, use the physical cartridge, And have no other nsp games?

Or can I:

A.) somehow link it to my current SD and cfw emunand that has tons of nsp and homebrew apps?
Or
B.) Link it to my cfw sysnand that I've never messed with since modding my switch? (I don't really understand the cfw sysnand purpose)

Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have 4 hacked switches (one for each family member, In case that's relevant). We have always played nsp files of the games, and I created emunands that didn't have Nintendo accounts linked to them to prevent bans as I never cared about going online.
Now I want to try my luck online with ACNH, but can't link my account to my emunand. I get errors every time.

So I physically bought a cartridge of ACNH to reduce the ban risk, but my question is how to go online with my emunand (and being able to edit my saves)?

Do I need to Create a new emunand on a spare SD card from my stock OS that (now) has a linked Nintendo account and only keep the bare min homebrew apps like JKSE, use the physical cartridge, And have no other nsp games?

Or can I:

A.) somehow link it to my current SD and cfw emunand that has tons of nsp and homebrew apps?
Or
B.) Link it to my cfw sysnand that I've never messed with since modding my switch? (I don't really understand the cfw sysnand purpose)

Thanks in advance!
Either way, you would be risking a ban if you run CFW/homebrew and go online.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Or can I:

Or

Thanks in advance!
Sysnand cfw is normaly used to go online while using things like streaming with sys-dvr, overclocking with sys-clk, normal homebrew apps and ports like openRCT2, retroarch, savegame managers and more, without using any nsps/xcis or cheating online.
Atmosphere is build to be as safe as possible in this situation, to allow going online without getting banned.

For example I'm mostly using sys-clk and sys-dvr, while not using any backups, so I never setup an emunand, and just went online with cfw in Sysnand for years now, I don't even remember the last time I bootet the stock firmware.

So you could boot into sysnand cfw and go online in animal crossing there. From there you can restore and backup your animal crossing savegame.
Don't know how safe editing its savegame is through.
Also make sure to never install any nsps or xcis in Sysnand, not even homebrew nsps, instead always use the app overwrite by holding r while starting a game to start homebrew in app mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: