Hacking Having some trouble running GBA games smoothly ple

Louminater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have a R4 for my slot 1 and a EZ-Flash IV lite for the slot 2. My DS games are working PERFECTLY with the R4, my problem comes when playing the GBA...

I downloaded EZ4 client EZ4_20061010 and updated it with EZ4Patch061130. The kernel I downloaded was EZ4-Loader061227 (pretty sure it's the latest one).

I installed the Kernel like I was supposed to, then used EZ4 Client to move the games from my computer onto my 1gb Kingston (Japanese). I got all the games I wanted on there, created sub folders to make going through the games a little easier then just dragged the games into them.

Now, when I run the GBA games, all of the ones I tried worked. It's wierd though, sometimes when I run the slot 4, it starts to load the save files I have, but sometimes it won't. Then I go and choose a game and it begins to load it up. If I'm lucky, it starts right away, sometimes I get unlucky and the screen goes black instead. Then I have to turn the DS off, and try again, then it works. What's causing this? Is it just the way it is?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
don't know if u fixed it yet, but if not u could make sure you could try running from gba mode (more reliable) if u were in nds mode. also could try burning games to nor.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with OSW - better to run the games from the EZ4s GBA menus than from the NDS one.
Also a good point about the '80 roms to a folder' - this has been reported before as causing problems.

If you're still having no joy, you might want to check out the semi-official EZFlash english language forums - this is where the real EZ4 experts live. Not as flashy a site as gbatemp, but the people there know their onions.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only later kernels are the new moonshell betas, if you only have a EZ4 lite (not compact or deluxe) the try a loader from July (24th I think) as it runs GBA games better. Leave everything else as is. rambozotheclown has already given links or they are in my signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...