OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest devkitproARM devkit and am attempting to compile DSorganize

However it won't compile. I get a few error messages, but there is one in particular that its stopping the compile process:

compilekg2.jpg

It seems to be complaining about a missing elf file. I get this kind of error with ANYTHING that I try to compile, so there is nothing wrong on the source code end. I am thinking there is a problem with the compiler.

I am using devkitpro v1.4.3

Please note that I did not modifying any source code prior to compile attempt. I tried to compile the original before doing anything as to make sure the compiler works. And low and behold, it doesn't!

Some one please help me on this. I want to start source code modding, and this is stopping me from getting anywhere.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the source to DSOrganize is a disaster. you have to use like a two-year old version of devkitARM and libnds. You're better off learning from scratch, working your way up by following tutorials, writing simple apps, etc.

(PS: You are NOT using devkitpro. That's like saying "I'm using Microsoft version 5.1")
(PPS: In learning, stay far away from pallib. You'll thank me later)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
ahh yes PALib, I'm way ahead of you on that. I've read that libNDS does what palib can do only that PALibe is way more complex and stuff. Its like making a machine the size of a house with 100,000 moving parts just to put toast in a toaster lol.

Anyway, Perhaps DSOrganize has bad source code, but what's the exact version DevkitARM (now that I've coined the currect term for the devkit lol) that DSOrganized was compiled on?

As for learning, tinkering with stuff is probably the only way I'll learn it. Thats just the way I am I guess. There was a old Mario DOS game programmed in Turbo Pascal, and I managed to add new graphics and levels to it despite not reading anything into it, I just nosed around the source code and figured out the level format on my own. So yeah, I was never able to learn anything usefull via tutorials....Sadly. (pm me if you're interested in trying out that game, its a simple but fun game!)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ummm Is ANYBODY going to suggest what I should be using to compile most homebrew source code? I'm getting no help here aside from that last post.

I'm getting the same problem trying to compile other homebrew so this is not an issue with the source code itself!

Reactions: Coto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?