Having some odd problems burning GC games...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SybreTiger, Jul 16, 2011.

Jul 16, 2011
  1. SybreTiger
    OP

Newcomer SybreTiger Member

United States
    I've burned GC games in the past for use with the Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2, and they all worked fine, and continue to work just fine. But I recently tried burning a couple new games, and suddenly the new games seem like they will attempt to load, making clicking and whirring sounds for about 5 minutes, literally, and then finally they do actually load. But it's like this with with all 3 new games I've burned. It's not the end of the world, as they do eventually load, but it's kind of annoying to have to wait 5 minutes every time I want to play that particular game.

And I have to use GCN Backup Launcher, because if I try to use NeoGamma's Wii Backup Launcher, it just says "timeout" while the disc tries to load.

My only thought that might be causing this, is the DVDs I used to burn my previous games were Sony DVD+R discs, and the ones I'm using now are Memorex DVD-R. Could that be an issue?

Also, I use Alcohol 120% to burn the games, if that makes a difference. I've tried at the lowest write speed and the maximum, both give the same results.

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    They fucked up your drive, now it can't read everything properly anymore. You should not use DVD+R discs. Best discs would be Verbatim DVD-R. It takes that long because your drive is not that good working anymore.

3. SybreTiger
    OP

Newcomer SybreTiger Member

United States
    Well, the thing is, when I try to play the old DVD+R games, GC and Wii both, those still load just fine. It's only these new ones that have trouble.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    There's no big difference between DVD-R and DVD+R in general, you can have good and bad ones for both of them. Sounds more like the Sony discs are higher quality than the memorex discs, which doesn't sound surprising to me.

5. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Thanks for this information wiipower, I did not know that [​IMG]