Gaming Having quite a bit of fun with the new Phoenix Wright....

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, I haven't turned on my 3DS for anything but Binding of Isaac, and I wasn't the biggest fan of Phoenix Wright before (the wacky characters and the moon logic kind of reminded me of King's Quest and other classic PC games like that).

Finally solved the 1st case with a couple of game overs thanks to the seance bits (had me presenting evidence at the wrong times)....

It's the first Phoenix Wright game for me that actually made me want to stay up late and play...

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Same here, was on the fence with the mixed reviews out. Glad I checked it out, having a blast with it atm. the banjo guy turning closet heavy metal had me dying.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually been having a harder time getting into it than with past games, although I seem to be perpetually exhausted and the slow text scrolling doesn't help. Definitely bugs me that the names have gone from 'sensibly punny' in past installments to absurdly on-the-nose in this one, though.

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just finished Case 5 - Day 1 Investigation, pretty positive impressions so far as well. I find it better than Dual Destinies in every way expect soundtrack.

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've actually been having a harder time getting into it than with past games, although I seem to be perpetually exhausted and the slow text scrolling doesn't help. Definitely bugs me that the names have gone from 'sensibly punny' in past installments to absurdly on-the-nose in this one, though.

Never played any of the past games, so this was a fresh start for me. Any of the past games worth checking out? Seemed like there really aren't that many good phoenix wright games on the 3DS, and it's the only Nintendo console I have. I agree on the names though, would have been better if they were a bit more subtle and it suddenly hit you after a while. All in all I am having a blast, I really enjoy the mystery-solving in this, reminds me a bit of the prof. Layton games story wise.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Same here, was on the fence with the mixed reviews out. Glad I checked it out, having a blast with it atm. the banjo guy turning closet heavy metal had me dying.

I just about died laughing, and keep in mind I was playing at 2:00 am in the morning, when that happened....

Reactions: Killaclown

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Never played any of the past games, so this was a fresh start for me. Any of the past games worth checking out?

I highly recommend to play the original three in chronological order. There are up on the eshop as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. The second one ( Justice for All ) is a bit underwhelming, but the third one ( Trials and Tribulations ) really makes up for it.

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I highly recommend to play the original three in chronological order. There are up on the eshop as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. The second one ( Justice for All ) is a bit underwhelming, but the third one ( Trials and Tribulations ) really makes up for it.

Cheers, downloading now! Not a lot of time for gaming atm, so guess i'll skip the second then.

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Cheers, downloading now! Not a lot of time for gaming atm, so guess i'll skip the second then.

NONONONONO.
These three games are strongly connected story-wise. Besides, the final case of the second game is too good to miss. You could skip the 5th case of the first game though, since it was added after the original three came out and kinda works as a prologue of the 4th main game, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
NONONONONO.
These three games are strongly connected story-wise. Besides, the final case of the second game is too good to miss. You could skip the 5th case of the first game though, since it was added after the original three came out and kinda works as a prologue of the 4th main game, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Haha, point taken. Should I change and complete the trilogy first, or continue with my playtrough on this (latest game)? Since these are very story-driven games I guess it's better to complete the earliest first? Only at the second case in this one so it won't disrupt my playtrough too much.

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As the series progressed Capcom tried to make each entry as indepedent as possible in order to attract new audience. You'll propably miss a couple references here and there in Spirit of Justice, but nothing really important to the main plot of the game. The series essentially rebooted with the Apollo Justice game.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, point taken. Should I change and complete the trilogy first, or continue with my playtrough on this (latest game)? Since these are very story-driven games I guess it's better to complete the earliest first? Only at the second case in this one so it won't disrupt my playtrough too much.

Lmao, I might have to do the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)