Hardware Having Issues With The UMD Door Switch After Shell Replacement

ArtificialStupidity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit 2: Nevermind, I'll just try to find another PSP that isn't working and use its housing instead. It's pretty much the same amount of work and I might as well just sidestep any (housing related) future problems that way.

The UMD door seems to be unable to reach the door's switch, which pretty much makes it impossible to play any UMDs. I don't really know how it happened, especially since the first thing after finishing swapping the shell was to test out the PSP, just to make sure I didn't mess up anywhere. Everything worked out fine.

But after leaving it (in a safe place) for a few days so the last few things I was waiting for to arrive, I found out the the UMD drive no longer responded to anything. I later found out it was the door switch (as mentioned above). The door was somehow unable to reach it, despite the fact that nothing looks wrong with the door. I'm not really sure about what to do.

Edit: Model is 3001

Last edited by ArtificialStupidity,

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an expert on PSP hardware, but I AM an expert on PSP hardware experts! And we need one now!

Just kidding, I'm an expert on making things go back together right about 90% of the time.

Is the switch stuck in an awkward position? Try jiggling stuff around a bit, it may just need to be re-seated. Unless part of the door is broken...

Reactions: ArtificialStupidity

ArtificialStupidity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an expert on PSP hardware, but I AM an expert on PSP hardware experts! And we need one now!

Just kidding, I'm an expert on making things go back together right about 90% of the time.

Is the switch stuck in an awkward position? Try jiggling stuff around a bit, it may just need to be re-seated. Unless part of the door is broken...

Seems like the switch has drifted to the side, away from the door's little stub. Just noticed that after comparing the two doors. The replacement door's stub looks a bit narrower than the old one.

At least that's what it looks like to me. Can the switch handle any force or does it break easily? I'm a bit scared to apply a bit of force to it. It seems fragile.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, not an expert on PSP hardware (or psp hardware experts).

Oh wait, I know what switch you mean

...That thing is kinda fragile yeah.

Can you swap the doors?

ArtificialStupidity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other doors I have are from the real beaten up ones from the old shell and a 2000, which came with the 3000 (got both of them in a bundle; both were in crappy condition). Dunno if the doors are compatible.

I'd order a new one, but the inconsistent quality isn't something I'd like to deal with. I will if I need to though.

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only other doors I have are from the real beaten up ones from the old shell and a 2000, which came with the 3000 (got both of them in a bundle; both were in crappy condition). Dunno if the doors are compatible.

I'd order a new one, but the inconsistent quality isn't something I'd like to deal with. I will if I need to though.
Did you manage to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome