Hacking Having issues with rxtools patched and cia games

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically i followed the guide to set up the CFW and rxtools patched. I have updated the emunand to 9.8 and everything boots as it would on a gateway. Issue is, i cannot run anything in rx mode. I cant run BBB, any games or anything. On top of that, i have to boot pasta then go to rxtools (offline patch) for them to show up.

1. I think my emuNAND is linked on 9.8.0-25U
2. I have a slot0x25KeyX.bin and firmware.bin on the SD card
3. The CIAs works on pasta but not rxtools (us region)
4. Using the patched rxTools

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's weird then.
Try to dump your sysnand ticket.db. (Dumping Options -> Dump NAND Files -> Sysnand -> ticket.db) then inject it in your emunand (Injection Options -> Inject NAND Files -> Emunand -> ticket.db)

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will try now. Just tried a game that was EUR but made region free and sure enough, it works fine in pasta

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OMG thank you! it works! even the games that i was having issues with running in pasta!
except BBB and shovel knight lol

curious, how do i delete games?

Simplicity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will try now. Just tried a game that was EUR but made region free and sure enough, it works fine in pasta

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OMG thank you! it works! even the games that i was having issues with running in pasta!
except BBB and shovel knight lol

curious, how do i delete games?
You can go into Settings --> Data Managment --> 3DS --> Software I believe. You can delete it there. Or, you can delete it through DevMenu, if you know the ID of the game.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dunno, but you can try this to inject FBI into your emunand :

Alright, thanks to zoogie and his tool, we may found a way to install FBI on a 2DS (It's also useful for O3DS if you don't want to do the whole cfw process) :

Download this pack : http://www.jheberg.net/captcha/fbi-injection-v15/

1. Use the gateway launcher.dat to create your emunand (format emunand, backup your sd card content first)
2. Setup rxTools : http://www.rxtools.net/#!howto (replace the rxTools.dat with one of the patched ones).
3. Update your emunand. (rxMode -> System Settings -> Double check you see RX-E in front of your firmware number (if you don't, stop here) -> don't exit the system settings -> Update your console)
4. Use rxTools to get your nand xorpad (Decryption Options -> Generate fat16 Xorpad). Put it on the FBI injection folder
5. Open emunand tool, choose extract emunand then choose the FBI injection folder for the destination
6. Execute decrypt.bat
7. Open WinImage.
8. Drag and drop the emuNAND.fat16.bin on the program then click on OK
9. Go to title/0040010/00022300/content for a EU console, title/0040010/00021300/content for a US one, and title/0040010/00020300/content for a JP one.
10. Delete the *.app and the *.tmp from the content folder.
11. Click on Image->Inject then choose the *.app in the content_region folder.
12. If needed, rename the tmd file in the content_region to match with the name of the one you deleted, then inject it too.
13. Save and close WinImage.
14. Execute reencrypt.bat
15. Restore your emunand with emunand tool.
16. Boot on the emunand with rxTools. Select Health & Safety app. FBI should boot instead. :)

Tested it on a 4.2 O3DS + 9.8 emunand and it works fine, so it should work on a 2DS too. :)

A big thanks to @zoogie for the original method and @Riku for making it work on 9.0-9.8 (emunand). :)

(of course don't do the 3 first steps again)

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thats weird, now the games i had on there disapeared. and when i try to import them again, it wont let me do it saying its already done

I just deleted the games and tried to reload, failed saying it was invalid.

Last edited by kyomagi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users