Hacking Having Issues with moving save files

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get my Acekar2i started, and I have all my old save data from my supercardDSone. I have changed the names of the .sav files to exactly what the name of the rom is, but it still isn't working. What am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I've looked at other posts but nothign has really helped. I feel dumb -__-

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
So they're all .sav files, no other exensions, and have the exact same name as the .nds file? You're probably going to need to use some sort of save converter I assume, since normal .sav files should be working. Sorry
frown.gif

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShatteredScreens said:
So they're all .sav files, no other exensions, and have the exact same name as the .nds file? You're probably going to need to use some sort of save converter I assume, since normal .sav files should be working. Sorry
frown.gif

The are all save files and I have tried the convert. Maybe I namign them wrong? I have no idea

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
On my acekard2i all saves are named "The-game-name.nds.sav" try that!
biggrin.gif
But make sure to back em up before you try so you wont loose anything
biggrin.gif

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to rename them

i.e. if your rom name is: rom.nds
your save file will be named: rom.sav

if you are having issues, try the online save game converter, and set it to RAW.
I think that should work.

Someone posted some info about it a few days ago.

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok like I said I already hae them named .nds.sav wiawao but thanks.

@ Golds: They had a completely different sav name file, I have tried converting but I guess I could try again.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
When renaming the name of the save, not the file extention, it's best just to copy it from the rom to the sav.

For example, if I have a game called GameA.nds, and a save called GameB.sav, and I want the save to work with the game I copy the letters "GameA" and paste it infornt of the .sav file, so the save becomes GameA.sav, and the game is GameA.nds. Sorry if I made that sound more confusing than it is, but it's just what I do.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Nyrende said:
klopfdreh said:
Nyrende use this: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php - do not only renaming them!

Tried again it didn't work.

@ShatteredScreens: I understand what you're saying, and I'll try it but I'm not sure if it will make a big difference
Ah, well it's just my way of making sure the names are right. If you're names are right then it's not going to solve the problem.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually to get normal saves to work, you need to go to Start> System options> Hit the arrow keys twice right> Then change the save ext. settings to read .sav instead of .nds.sav Now save the changes. Hope this helped. =)

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One name was wrong and I did fix it but it did not solve the problem, my acekard still jsut creates a new save file, so there ends up being

rom.nds (NDS FILE)
rom.nds (SAV FILE)
rom.nds (SAV FILE)

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
somerandomguyO_O said:
Usually to get normal saves to work, you need to go to Start> System options> Hit the arrow keys twice right> Then change the save ext. settings to read .sav instead of .nds.sav Now save the changes. Hope this helped. =)

I don't see any save options?

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when I go to systemm options al lI see are, Interface theme, interface language, brightness, show files of type, trim rom when copying

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
logical thinker said:
Nyrende said:
rom.nds (NDS FILE)
rom.nds (SAV FILE)
rom.nds (SAV FILE)
I think you need to change the "hide extensions" setting in your OS (Windows?). I can't explain in English...

Ok could someone explain this to me and what it would change?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you boot your acekard, go to start, sytem options, then look for some arrows at the top of the window on the bottom screen. Hit the right arrow twice, and look at the bottom. It should say: Save ext: .nds.sav
Change this to Save ext: .sav When done, hit the a button twice. Then try out the games with the saves.

Nyrende

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
somerandomguyO_O said:
When you boot your acekard, go to start, sytem options, then look for some arrows at the top of the window on the bottom screen. Hit the right arrow twice, and look at the bottom. It should say: Save ext: .nds.sav
Change this to Save ext: .sav When done, hit the a button twice. Then try out the games with the saves.

Ok thanks

Edit: Still no luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...