Hacking Having issues installing the firmware on my M3i Zero (just got it)

InuyashaX5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I received my M3i Zero in the mail. Before installing it, I read step by step instructions on how to get it up and running, however, the awkward USB adapter isn't working. I'm attempting to run it on a Nintendo DSi with 1.4 firmware.

1. I just got the recently updated firmware and both the SYSTEM folder and the F_CORE.DAT are both in my root directory.
2. I've tried two different micro sd card cards (both 2 GB) and neither have worked.
3. I've made sure numerous times that the small strip was inserted tightly (and correctly) in the M3i. I also tried my desktop and laptop. One runs Windows 7 Pro and the other, Windows 7 RC1 (not sure if OS would affect it). The fairest I've gotten with it yet was on my laptop when it flashed the red light once. It stopped, then I inserted in my DSi, and the red light was still on for a bit, then stopped. The DSi detected it, but said I should check my DSi manual, blah, blah, etc.
4. I've formatted both micro sd cards twice. So I'm running out of things to do!

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, guys!

EDIT: Tried getting the newest firmware from another site. Formatted both cards, tried it on a Windows XP Home Edition machine. Nothing. I learned after this that it just uses the USB as a power source so I even went as far as trying the Wii's USB port. Got nothing from that as well. I haven't seen the red light ever since I was on my laptop earlier... sad stuff. =/

InuyashaX5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also want to add when I insert the M3i Zero into the DSi, it appears as a blank game. When I open the game on my DSi, it says "An error has occurred. Please hold the power button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." On the DS Lite, the screen just turns white, and nothing happens.

InuyashaX5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
you got the wrong F_Core file. other than that, you must return it if you can since it's not working on a DS Lite.

I got the F_Core from the official site: http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html. And I got my SYSTEM folder there as well. So what's up with it if it doesn't work on DS Lite? Obviously, I'm new to this kind of thing.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is why I wish the M3 team pre-flashed them for us... Sounds like it's been "bricked," but I don't know since I've never done it before. It shouldn't matter what USB port you use.

InuyashaX5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I went ahead and submitted to have it returned/exchanged. Bad thing is that I know it will be a month or more before I actually get the try this again. Ordered the M3i Zero on the 3rd of this month, and got it on the 23rd (two days ago). Now I probably have to ship it back to hong kong, get them to receive it, then ship me out another). It will probably be Thanksgiving by the time I get a new one. Meh. Thanks for the help, guys... even though I barely got any, but eh, oh well.

jhnsmth1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a similar problem.
In my case formatting the SD card with Panasonic SD formatter enabled the M3i Zero to read the F_CORE.DAT from the root of the SD.
You said that you formatted your cards but maybe not with Panasonic SD formatter give it a try and see if it helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte