Having Horrific Start Times of WiiFlow

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by infidelity, Apr 4, 2014.

1. infidelity
    OP

infidelity GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    idk if this is because I'm using a Wii U, but using WiiFlow on my 1TB Western Digital USB HDD, or from my SD card, is horrificly slow to start.

It takes about 35-40 seconds before the WiiFlow logo appears.

And when you exit either a Wii game, GC game, Emulator, Homebrew, back to WiiFlow, it will be the exact same timeframe, but, it will not kick on after that if the WiiMote is not activated.

This also happens when trying to load custom wii game forward channels from the wii system menu. (but those don't work anymore, most likely due to using the latest WiiFlow beta)

Anyway, can someone please help? Are there vWii users out there using a USB HDD, and WiiFlow fires up instantly when picked?

Thank You.

-infidelity

2. infidelity
    OP

infidelity GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    Got it figured out. I no longer use my sd card. If I just run everything off of my usb hdd, everything starts/runs at great speeds.

I also updated my firmware to my usb hdd, and disabled te virtual cd smartware partition that is embedded within this usb hdd model. Everything is running excellent!