Having Castle Crasher problems?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by rscarrab, Sep 27, 2008.

Sep 27, 2008
  1. rscarrab
    OP

Member rscarrab GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    Got to lvl 54, half an hour of insane mode clocked and then lost my data cause i migrated the game between 2 xbox's.

Was VERY pissed.

So i wrote to Behemoth, asking for an ETA and to express my dissapointment in the whole "where's the patch" situation.

Surprisingly enough, i got a speedy response.

For those of you waiting for the patch than here's a copy of the email from Behemoth (BTW no ETA on patch here):

To whomever this may concern,

I would first like to say; Castle Crasher’s is a great game, that’s a fact.
    Though that is not the crux of my email…

Unfortunately I cannot access my save game / progress in my Castle Crashers game on my Xbox360.

I switched 360’s since the one I normally use has a broken DVD drive. During this time I used the same 20gb Hard-Drive as I had been using previously; with said Hard-Drive having Castle Crashers already loaded onto it.

When I got my repaired 360 back I intermittently experienced a glitch (or whatever you would like to call it) which caused my savegame progress to be deleted (or still there but not accessible).

I presume that since you work with-in the video games industry that you yourself must have some affection for playing games, or at least on some level.

I have been waiting for a patch to be released, so I can continue to enjoy Castle Crasher’s and since I purchased it, I’m fully entitled to do so (I’m level 54, with around half an hour of insane mode clocked).

BUT without this patch I’m unable to continue using Castle Crasher’s, hence rendering it useless in the sense that I cannot enjoy a game which involves stat building with the possibility of losing all progress again.

Of course if you have no affection for playing games than stat building and losing of savegame progress is hardly a trivial matter to you, but it is for some. Especially those who pay for it.

I’m hoping by sending this e-mail that someone might acknowledge the urgency of this patch and hopefully give me an ETA for its possible arrival.

I’m aware that addressing all the problems (ie; the online problems which have occurred, character clipping & hanging at a screen after all enemies are killed) in one update is of the norm, or easier, if you will. But releasing an earlier patch to correct this error would make this game playable again. Which is all I’m asking.

With the massive fall line-up just over the horizon I would really like to enjoy Castle Crashers while I have the opportunity; as I will be too busy enjoying the big budget titles and practicing at whatever takes COD4’s place for online TDM’s & DM’s.

For such a simple flaw to not be addressed as urgently as it should only makes me question “The Behemoth’s” integrity as a company with its customers interests in mind.

And as we all know, companies without consumer’s interest’s in mind don’t get very far.
    I would much rather Behemoth sort out a fix than hand out keychains;

[castlecrashers.com - Tue, 16 Sep 2008 05:25:11 +0000]

“…keep an eye out for some of the coolest Castle Crasher videos on YouTube and on Friday we are going to give away the first of these keychains.”

…I’ll give YOU a keychain if you fix my Castle Crasher’s. Okay?

Regards,
    (rscarrab)

Dear (rscarrab),

Thank you for your for your email. Unfortunately, the problems you have been experiencing have been happening to a number of people, most often occurring after somehow moving your game or your profile to another Xbox. Hopefully this email will explain a bit what has been going on and what we are doing about it.

Everyone here at The Behemoth is pretty upset as well at the issues that have come up with data loss. The frustration at losing all your hard won items/levels is totally understandable and justified. Both The Behemoth and Microsoft put Castle Crashers through rigorous testing and these problems did not occur until it was released to the retail market. For whatever reason, sometimes there are issues that just do not surface until the game is released. There is no way we would have launched the game in its current state if we had known about it. We take great pride in the quality of games we produce here, and our top priority is making sure your gameplay experience is as good as possible.

We are hard at work to getting these problems fixed and a Title Update out just as soon as humanly possible. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that we will be able to find a way to return your lost items/orbs/etc (though we are trying!), but at least you can be sure that it will not happen again once the Title Update is out. We are also working on ways to make this unfortunate situation up to our fans.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope you can understand that we are doing everything we can to fix this as quickly as possible. You can follow the progress of the Title Update if you wish on our development blog , where we will be posting information as we get it (there should be an update on there later today).

Sincerely,

Dan, John, Tom, Emil and the rest of The Behemoth team.

PS. Some people have found that signing out of their profile and then back in again _from within_ Castle Crashers has recovered their lost data. While this doesn’t work for everyone, it’s worth a try! Also, since you started the game on another console, another thing to try may be this: Since you started the game on another box, the profile data is still attached to it. What you need to do is go to the Xbox live website, log in, click the support tab and select "Transfer content licenses from you old console to a new console.", and do what it says. Then delete your CC game and re download it. You will have to start over (assuming you haven't played it after it got erased) but now every thing will work as it should. These "fixes" are not guaranteed, but many people have had success with them."

Its nice to see that 1 email can still hold some water...

It also helps that my preliminary email wasn't the worded equivalent of a rabid dutch-man pulling a stormer (gamer-rage).

So for those of you that have been experiencing problems (like myself), bear with it.
    Hopefully the online connectivity should be sorted soon too.

2. DarkSpace

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    You can do this with a License transfer which should solve your problem. Search it up on google.

3. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Christ almighty lower the size of your sig image. far to big.

4. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Nice to see them sending fast responses(I ain't had any trouble so far).

5. rscarrab
    OP

Ireland
    Ye i tried that, doesn't work unfortunately.

6. rscarrab
    OP

Ireland
    [Ahem]

Are you running your screen resolution at 640x480 by any chance?

7. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    nope 1440 x 900

i'll get a staff member to remove it i guess.

8. Osaka

Member Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You got modded for going off topic in your own thread xD haha!

anyways, did you email them back and get another response? or was this it?

9. rscarrab
    OP

Ireland
    Ye, i suppose i did. [​IMG]
    I shouldn't really dignify a response to any criticism towards my signature unless it's from an Admin or Moderator (such as Teej). Well you live and you learn, let's just hope that i'm not the only one who learnt from that experience (subliminal undertone).

Anyway, yes i did email them back, and they responded within roughly half an hour;

Thu 25/09/2008 19:55
    I appreciate the speedy response as well as your full empathetic understanding . Not only has that shattered any preconceptions that I might have had about your (Behemoth’s) integrity, but has further boosted my opinion of Behemoth as a team.

Though I have tried all of the suggested fixes (without joy), I feel adamant that the problem is being addressed with urgency, which I’m happy to hear.

I will follow the progress of the patch with eager anticipation on the developer blog, instead of playing detective for half an hour scouring different sites for tid-bits of info.

I was close to shutting the door on you guys, but now the door is wide open and I’m sitting on a chair in the hallway. Biting my nails…

Regards,
    (rscarrab)

Thu 25/09/2008 20:23
    Thanks (rscarrab), that is so good to hear! Thank you also for writing to us and giving us a chance to respond, I know a lot of people just give up on a game when there is a problem. We really are doing everything we can, and it breaks our hearts that fans are feeling let down by us. :'(

As far as scouring sites: the best info i've found has been from the folks in our own forums, check em out if you'd like at http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php (Technical Issues is where all the CC bugs/fixes are being discussed).

Thanks again for your patience! We are fixing it for you!

The Behemoth

To say that my confidence in them was restored is an understatement.
    Also, i can't remember the name, but microsoft has some kind of dummy network or a mock "live" if you will.
    When they were testing their game on it, it ran flawlessly / they seemed to have ironed out every kink imaginable.
    As the man said though, some things just don't become apparent until after the game is released. No matter how hard you try.

10. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    Dammit I lost all my weapons as well as pets and relics. Really waiting on this update.