The_Patman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like most people, i encountered an issue when i tried to play GTA: Chinatown wars on the ds. So i searched on yahoo answers to see where i could get it to work. I got a link to a patch.

The patch i got for my R4 was from: http://r4ds.cn/download/r4_v1.18_kernel....

I did all the right things. Replaced the files with the downloaded ones and thought i had done everything right. I go to test it out, but when my ds starts it says 'Loading' with a black screen...nothing else.

When i was replacing the files with the new ones, i was stupid enough to not save the files before replacing them..so i cant just swap them back with what i had.

I can still access all my files for the ds on the computer..and i know its the memory card because i tried my memory card on another R4 unit and got a similar result.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a genuine R4 card then the most effective answer is for you to replace the R4 firmware with the infinitely more capable YSMenu custom firmware. Then download Curleys latest USRCHEAT.dat file and activate the GTACW game fix cheat.

This definitely works on genuine R4 carts. I can't vouch for it working on clone carts.

natecat33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont you just download the already patched rom you can get the link on nds-roms a little bit down on the home page

The_Patman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeh, stuff it. I'll just re-do the firmware. Where can i get the one you mentioned?

And if i got that, do i just delete everything off my current R4 and replace it with those files?

The_Patman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can someone please help me by telling me how to use this YASU stuff? i really have no clue what i'm doing
wacko.gif

i put in my menu file and it said:
Yasu software - r4custom
boot block: A0000, 8000, 150200
Warning: no boot code A
Warning: no b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: