having a video in on my laptop

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by lum, Feb 23, 2007.

Feb 23, 2007

having a video in on my laptop by lum at 12:02 PM (816 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. lum
    OP

Member lum Hunter lvl

Australia
    hi, i wish to be able to play my ps2 or gamecube on my lap top monitor as i live by myself and dun wanna get a tv as i dun hav enuf room, are there any usb thingos that have the red/yellow/white tv in, or if i have to get a tv tuner, what's a good one? not being able to watch tv is alrite, all i want is to be able to play games!

2. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
  3. lum
    OP

Member lum Hunter lvl

Australia
    hmm that's a bit pricey, but yeh something like that would be good, is there a name for these things?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    That is a bit pricey (although not by that much and some of those sort of devices run much higher), I guess the technical name is a capture card.

A pcmcia TV tuner can be obtained for a good deal less and have RGB inputs (not to mention save a USB port), I do not know the state of digital TV in your area but around here the prices for this sort of thing (I.E. one that does not do digital) have dropped since widespread introduction.

In my opinion though you may be better served by getting a monitor with RGB in and having dual monitors on the laptop, a refurbed model should not run much more than xalphax's link.

5. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    also refered to as video grabber

6. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    just get one of those USB Video Device or a TV tuner with composite+audio

dont buy the cheap ones, they suck hardcore, maybe get a TV tuner with compo so you can watch tv also try searching for TV Tuners, perhaps newegg or google it

example.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814144308

7. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    My friends Dell laptop came with that TV tuner thing (with windows xp media Center ed) and we hooked up our xbox to it, and sadly it was VERY laggy. The image would change about 1.5 seconds after we would move the controller.. Not sure if its like that for all usb capture devices, but after that experience, ive thought twice of doing that...

Thats not to say that its the same for all usb capture devices [​IMG] but my personal experience with that one taught me that