Pharrox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, where to start?

I ordered my Wiikey from the first batch from foundmy.com. I had a friend come out and try to install it, well he was unable to do it and just ended up making a mess of my chip and the DVD drive.

So then I took it to a professional and had them install it. One hour and $40 later it turns out that apparently the first guy messed up the chip so much that now it's not working. It will read Wii games but no DVDs.

So I email foundmy about getting a replacement chip. After a week and a half of not getting any reply I finally post directly in the comments section of their site and get an email from them.

So then I had an event that I was supposed to bring my Wii to. I never properly reassembled it since I knew I would have to take the chip back out (I put the case over it though). Well on the way out the bag I was carrying it in broke, the Wii fell out and came open.

The game that was in the system at the time was a Gamecube game. After I got back home I hooked up the console to find it still worked
smile.gif
but would only read Gamecube games now
frown.gif
. Whenever I try a Wii game I get a "This disk could not be read" error, and I makes a lot of whirring and clicking sounds.

I opened the system up to find that one of the wires that was soldered to the Wiikey had come undone and pulled a trace out of the DVD drive. I don't know why, but i cut the rest of the wires to try to get the chip out. Well the professional I took it to used the quicksolder on the two inner points so I couldn't get it fully out. It can still (of course) read only Gamecube games.

So now I've got a busted system with no warranty, a chip that doesn't work that I'm going to have to pay to get taken out, and I have no idea what to do. I found this site and was wondering if it was any good and how much they would probably charge, or even if there is any place selling replacement drives yet if it has to come to that. Sorry if I dragged this on too long but I didn't want to leave out anything that might be important.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Williamjefferson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they are near or in chicago and I have read only positive on modchipman on a different forum, give em try, cant hurt. There is also otbmods.com that may fix it, too. Good luck
P.S. Thats one long string of bad luck, thats what makes me nervous of trying to solder myself. The nice thing of having it done professionally is that if the chip they install is bad, its right there for them to replace. (modchipman supposedly tests everything before return ship) Also, by the time you run around and buy all the stuff it isnt that much more.

Hiro_x2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive purchased items through modchipman before, 1st class service as well, Im not sure how good their modding is, but if its anything like their customer service, then i'd have no worries what-so-ever..

oh..

and punch your friend in his head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?