Having a new issue with BootMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BryceOne, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BryceOne
    OP

BryceOne Newbie

I usually make a backup of my Wii's NAND with BootMii every once in a while, especially before installing new things. I've never had a problem restoring my NAND backups until now. Trying to restore it, but it's telling me the backup is from a different Wii. It's not!!! What's going on here? This is happened after updating with HackMii 0.8 (HBC and BootMii).

It does ask if I'm sure I want to continue, KONAMI, if not Press Z to quit. I dont want to take that risk yet. Also, i'm assuming this is with a Gamecube Controller? I had left my GC controller at my brother's house in Reno and I wont be able to get it back for until next time I visit.

2. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States
    Older versions of bootmii had this issue but it was fixed.

Maybe the bug got reintroduced in the latest bootmii.

I haven't made a backup with the latest bootmii so i can't confirm it

3. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
  4. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    The fact the Konami code is asked for shows this is BootMii/IOS, and that is the reason it won't restore the dump, not that the dump is from a different Wii. BootMii will NEVER restore a dump from a different Wii, regardless of whether you enter the Konami code AFAIK. Are you sure you read the error correctly? I highly doubt it said it was from a different Wii, and then asked you to enter the Konami code.

5. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
    Play backup/restore game only if You have bootmii@boot2.
    Otherwise it is strongly dis advised to do it through bootmii@IOS.
    If You can boot HBC then there are better/safer ways to fix problems.

6. BryceOne
    OP

BryceOne Newbie

Wasn't what I expected to find, but Thanks. Looking at the installation log and somehow it got installed as IOS. I uninstalled it and installed as Boot2, and it's working fine now.

7. Lexip;

Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    Newer Hackmii Installers automatically install BootMii as an IOS