Hacking Having a lot of problems with my N3ds....

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello guys!First excuse my bad english :)
So i got a lot of problems with my N3ds,related to the CFW....Well yesterday i bought a new 16 go micro sd card for my O3ds.While i was searching i found the thread for creating an emunand on his N3ds without cn/oot so i could use my gateway.From around 6h am i began searching and practising...
I could install the browserhax +the hbl,and use the homebrews but everytime i try launching cake/pasta CFW i got a black screen.I let my N3ds around 1h30 mins with the black screen to see if somethin will change....Nothin changed.

Then i decided to try the Rxtools.I followed step by step to the step when u need to use DECRYPT9WIP to backup ur nand.I tried but i couldn't :(...

Then i tried launching rxtools without backup...Black screen as always for the cfw,and now when i power my N3ds,it directly boots into the hbl.When i press start+A or start+X it freezes...Now i can't even use my n3ds :'(.

So here where i need help please guys and thx for reading :D : (from the most important to the less)
1)How can i power my n3ds without having this HBL?I mean powering it and having the home menu ...
2)Why does i have a blackscreen everytime i try to use a CFW?Other homebrews works.
3)Is formatting my sysnand (in fact i only got sysnand....) a good idea to begin from 0?
4)On pasta emunand can i use my gateway?
5)On RXtools emunand can i use my gateway?

Thx for reading guys !And thx a lot for every1 who will try helping me :D

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Bump help please :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi sorry for the triple post,just wanna say that i installed the menuhax to try it and i deleted it now and when i used start+A i could go to home menu

D

Deleted User

Oh okay thx for the replying!Is it possible for me?And it's hard or no?
You should be fine downgrading so long as you
1) grab the right update pack (9.2.0-20E(Full)_n3DS) from one of those iso sites.
2) SafeSysUpdater worked the best for me, so I would recommend trying that. It allows you to check the MD5 sums before you downgrade too!

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Here are more informations and thx a lot for helping!
I used this tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
Never updated this New3ds bought it this summer
Didn't download any game on it
Cfw always give a blackscreen
I got a gateway 3ds + old 3ds
I can use browserhax and hbl

EDIT: Okay thank you m8!I will try downgrading my new 3ds and then try the CFW!I am sooooo dumb i didn't know how 2 read the version ^^"

Oh and sorry,for the safe sys updater it's a homebrew?

Last edited by Simiaraichu,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Yes. Download SafeSysUpdater from here.

When you find the 9.2 N3DS update pack, place the "updates" folder at the root of your SD card.

Remember, the downgrading process is not 100% safe.

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

Don't want to put you off of downgrading, but using the regular SysUpdater, I did manage to brick one of my old 10.3 N3DS's after attempting to downgrade it the second time. (First attempt landed me with a frankenfirmware (hybrid FW))

However, I did successfully manage to downgrade my 9.8 N3DS XL a few weeks later. (I ended up with a hybrid FW in the process, but SafeSysUpdater saved my life! :lol: So that's why I ended up suggesting to use SSU here. ^_^)

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Guys thx a lot for your help!I downgraded this morning and checked and double checked lile peterud said and used what did u say voxel :D!
Now my N3ds is at 9.2! (if some1's was or is having the same problem,u can pm me so i can at my turn help )

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, but we can have uremum's cake
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should ask for Green leaf brownies
    Space Cakes?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Space Cakes?