Having a few issues, hoping for some advice:

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jlg6184, Jun 20, 2009.

Jun 20, 2009
  1. jlg6184
    OP

Newcomer jlg6184 Advanced Member

United States
    Alright, having a few issues, dug the Wii out today and dusted it off. First thing I tried was to update HBC thru the channel, when it gets to the screen that says "if you bought this, demand your money back, press 1 to continue", I can not continue. I press 1 but nothing happens (acts like the controller won't sync up.)

The second issue I had is I wanted to play around a bit with the new DLC channel that came out, got the wad, went to install the channel thru WadManager 1.3 (I believe), and it said ticket installed, Rebooted the wii, and the channel wasn't there (I was under the impression it should have been). Went to uninstall the channel thru wadmanager to try again, it is gave an error when trying to uninstall. So I tried to just install it again to overide it, and it gave an error again. How can I get this off of my Wii at this point?

Thanks for all the help, and incase anyone needs the info, I have a US Wii 3.2U, CIOS rev.7 (possibly 8 --whichever had the .002 fix). I also have preloader/cioscorp from installing softmii a few months back -- regret doing that cuz I don't know how to get rid of the stupid thing now as I didn't back up the original IOS...but anyway..hopefully that will give the info needed to possibly help me solve my issues.

2. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    DLC installs as a save game.

also, you uninstall it through wad manager to get rid of it. or anytitle deleter if you no longer have the original wad.

3. jlg6184
    OP

United States
    Yes, I know the DLC installs as a game save, it is the DLC installer that errored during the install, and that i can not uninstall or reinstall (my apologies if I did not make that clear), and I am not sure what to delete in anytitledeleter as it has files named like : 415265514 [RTM4] (not actually filename, just example)

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Oh, you are talking about that guitar hero DLC eh?

not sure myself, don't play it, sorry I can't be more help. My advice is post in the topic for it and ask what the title ID's are.

5. jlg6184
    OP

United States
    Got the ID, it never installed, so moved the question to the official topic instead...maybe I will have better luck there...