Having a DS game in slot1 can cause black screens at boot? Why?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Amapola62, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    This morning I put Final Fantasy III in my 3dsXL and switched it on, it displayed the splash screen and went to a black screen and stayed there...so I had to switch it off...tried two other times, same thing, can't get into home menu...
    Because I heard of that sometimes happening when a DS game is in the slot for some reason, i decided to try booting without the game inserted...it worked...-_-' So I inserted it afterwards but it was not detected...fortunately it didn't freeze the home menu....I just took it off, blew on it and in the slot, inserted it again and it worked normally...

Weirdly I have yet to encounter that problem on my other 3ds, which has my R4 3DS RTS Gold in it almost 24/7...

2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    What is your CFW?

3. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Luma3DS A9LH sysnand 11.1...I installed A9LH on both of my 3dses in July...

It's probably a rare occuence since I can now boot without issues whit that game inside the 3ds...it probably happens only if the console can't detect well the game inserted in it because of dusts or something...

I don't have a problem with the Flashcart in the other 3ds since it's always in and thus gets no dust on it...

Last edited by Amapola62, Sep 26, 2016