Hacking Haven't used my modchipped Wii in many years and have some questions....

Degenerate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I copied over the boot.elf file and I'm back to my original problem where I'm stuck at the warning screen and after waiting for like 5 minutes it never gives me any prompt to proceed or continue :(

Degenerate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like you r using motion plus controllers. Use a normal wiimote or replace sd:/boot.elf with yawmm's and use that wad manager instead of mmm in your modmii guide
I removed the Wii motions and I'm still stuck at the screen and I never see the prompt of press 1 to continue.

I guess this just wasn't meant to be for me. I'm trying whatever I can to get my Wii up and running with the homebrew channel so they can play some old games, but I guess not. :(

Degenerate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In that case run ModMii's hackmii solutions guide
But I already tried that, see below.

Okay so I downloaded and ran ModMii, selected "HackMii Solutions + Guide". It did it's job, created a folder on my hard drive and I copied of all of the contents inside the "Copy to SD Card" to the SD card.

From here is where I'm stuck. If I click on the SD card at the main menu I see nothing, so I'm thinking I'm looking in the wrong place. I click on the mail icon and I scroll back a few times until I see a little bomb icon holding a SD card above him. I select that and it takes me to some manager. There problem from here is that i can't scroll up, down, left or right by pressing any combination of buttons on the remote, and I tried both remotes.

1) Am I moving in the right direction to get the home brew channel installed?
2) Why am I unable to navigate through the menu?
a) What should I select in order to install the homebrew channel?

Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Okay, so save the boot.elf from yawmm or some yawmm mod to sd:\boot.elf then repeat the steps using yawmm instead of mmm, or borrow an older compatible remote from a friend and mmm should work. Note you can also just try doing an official Nintendo update, depending on what's currently on the wii that might fix your issue and allow u to run the hackmii installer

Edit: rereading the history others shouldn't have told you to save the boot.elf of the hackmii installer to sd root, it's usually where it's supposed to be saved but not if u have issues launching it! Lol

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: SCOTT0852

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.