Hacking Havent updated in a while

euge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my wii with any cIOS or anything for a while. The process of updating cIOS and other things like that have always been very vague for me. So can someone clear up my understanding before i brick my wii.

So my goal is to play The Conduit, I read in the wiki this "Error #002 fix and install IOS 60" so can someone explain to me the process of this. I am running 3.3 with gamma. So can someone help me out?

Thanks

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Assassda just updated the guide changing some things around to add bootmii as a step. Since you seem to already have installed some form of cIOS before you could just follow the online guide although you won't need bannerbomb or the hackmii installer from the package so don't copy over the "private" folder from the package and for step 3 just run your existing HBC and it should prompt for an update if you're connected to wifi and it will run the hackmii installer to install bootmii and the updated HBC. Then you can continue as it says in the guide from step 4 to properly update to 4.0 and you should have everything you need to run the game.

Note: the guide has you install cIOS rev10 which will not work with Wii Speak, so if you want to use that or any other usb peripheral then search for cIOS rev13 instead, rename the .dol file of that to boot.dol and put it in a folder in your apps folder and just run it through HBC and select network install.

The process of updating or downgrading cIOS is as simple as running the installer app for whatever revision you want as whenever it runs it will just install that revision over IOS249 which is where all of Waninkoko's cIOS installs.

Also you should use a more recent backup loader such as Neogamma R4 (or R5 I think is out as well). Or even look into usb loaders if you have an extra external hard drive handy.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
My suggestion would be to simply use the ultimate 4.0 guide and upgrade to 4.0 firmware. Doing this fixes most issues with compatability problems and you get all of the bonus features as well.

euge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supermodchips said:
My suggestion would be to simply use the ultimate 4.0 guide and upgrade to 4.0 firmware. Doing this fixes most issues with compatability problems and you get all of the bonus features as well.
So I have to upgrade to 4.0 to play conduit?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just follow the guide as I posted earlier. It most likely isn't NECESSARY, but it's harder to know exactly what IOS's you need for a game if you're not all that familiar with everything than it is to just follow a guide to update everything you should need for anything. And the IOS60 you mentioned in the OP is the IOS that the 4.0 system menu runs off of so if you do happen to need that for any reason you might as well just update. Nothing is lost if you update using the method described in the guide.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
euge said:
So do i???
No you most definitely dont - it certainly doesnt need IOS60, if you are on 3.3v2 you will have all the IOSes up to 55 so that covers all games to date. Run the game via neogamma and you wont have to worry about such things anyway.

euge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
euge said:
So do i???
No you most definitely dont - it certainly doesnt need IOS60, if you are on 3.3v2 you will have all the IOSes up to 55 so that covers all games to date. Run the game via neogamma and you wont have to worry about such things anyway.
it says in the wiki that i have to have that IOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi