Hacking Haven't touched my hacked PS3 in a year+; what new has arisen?

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. First I'd like to apologize if this is a DUMB fucking question, but perhaps you guys can help me out. I, originally, hacked this system like I do for any platform in the hopes of fan translations; more games is why I buy platforms in the first place after all. The title I hacked this system for was Tales of Graces F. Now, I believe it was announced way back in February of 2011 that the localization was done, so I've not followed development since. And since then, I've actually not really used the system at all either. So, what I wanted to know was has there been notable CFW jumps since then, and what should I do to bounce from what I believe is CFW on 3.55 to a newer one? I wanted to try the Metal Gear Rising demo, but Konami can fuck off by region locking it, and to my understanding the demo requires a CFW in the 4.xx region. Like I said, I haven't touched this stuff in well over a year, so I don't even remember the installation methods. I think all I have is something called Gaia Manager on my PS3, so I don't even know if that's the right loader for newer titles.

I deeply apologize for bombarding this forum with another "what do I do?" topic, but I've dipped my toes into the pool only to leave for a very long time and now it seems to be an ocean. So perhaps some context for where I am and where I can go would be greatly appreciated.

Chiodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goofy - I have not touched my hacked PS3 in over a year also. I believe if you run Gaia Manager or any other manager. You can copy over the game via FTP. I don't think you will have to update. Wait for someone to release a modified eboot to work for CFW 3.55.

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding there is new CFW, but I don't know what I have to do to install it, and if I'm even available to do it with my situation. I figure some games have to be played under the new CFW, such as the Rising demo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb